Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 5:55:47 AM EDT
I watched a show last night on Bin Laden and he is a hero among most of the Islamic Nations.  At 23 he went to Afghanistan and designed roads and helped fight the Russians.  He donated  allot of money to the Islamic people.  All in all he is the SGT. York of the Middle East.  I do not condone but I at least understand a little of why he hates the U.S..  However if you are my favorite dog and you bite me I will kill you.  He still has to go.
[devil][rocket]  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
How in the hell is Bin Laden like Sgt.York???  Sgt. York reluctantly went to war and ended up killing alot of German Soldiers.  Am I missing something?  Bin Laden is closer to Heinrich Hemler(sp?), a Nazi that planned the murder of mass numbers of innocents.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
i have literally watched every John Wayne movie that's out on video tape, every one.  and in none of them do i remember him ever planning, executing, and celebrating the murder of thousands of innocent people on their own turf in a terrorist act.

besides, what you described is why Bin Laden is loved by his people.  i saw nothing in your description that explains his hatred for the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I will elaborate on what I meant.....[b][red]  Read slowly please......[/b][/red]  Ok almost all of the people in the Islamic Nations revere him as a hero, a role model a true patriot.  In comparison to how we view John Wayne or Sgt York here in the states.....  Ok does that make sense to you now?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=6]BLASPHEMY!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
So you are saying they are all a bunch of blood thirsty SOBs that deserve to die? If he is a hero to them, we need to nuke Mecca.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#6]
It was a mere prospective, I guess I should have used Clinton and Gore as example instead.  Man you say John Wayne and everyone gets there undies in a bundle......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top