Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 5:57:40 AM EDT
Check out this Drudge Report at:[url]http://drudgereport.com/flash11.htm[/url]

MAG: In Saying, 'I Swear to God,' Osama bin Laden May Have Sent a Signal
Sat Oct 13 2001 17:09:07 ET

New York – Administration officials believe Osama bin Laden may have surreptitiously issued a "Go" order for a second strike in his videotaped message aired this past Sunday (Oct. 7), according to a new report from TIME magazine.

Intelligence sources tell TIME's Doug Waller that analysts have zeroed in on one sentence at the end: "I swear to God that America will not live in peace before peace reigns in Palestine, and before all the army of infidels depart the land of Muhammad." A former al-Qaeda follower told U.S. intelligence officials bin Laden wouldn't normally use the locution "I swear to God." "That may mean it was a signal," TIME reports. An intelligence official tells TIME, Bin Laden's public statements "are often used for more than one purpose." Agents are looking at words and phrases from past diatribes to see if anything else on the latest video jumps out.

TIME also has learned that the FBI's preventive efforts are focusing increasingly on trucks as vehicles for terrorism. "U.S. roads are jammed with bombs on wheels," writes TIME's John Cloud, "30,000 vehicles that transport poisonous gas, toxic liquids, petroleum products and explosives."

Read the rest of this article!!!!

Eric The(JustThoughtI'dLetYouKnow)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt bin Laden used that terminology. More likely the translator did. I've heard translators use the word "God" and quickly correct themsleves and change it to "Allah". The English speaking world has no idea what he is really saying.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, surely, he used the term 'Allah' instead of the English word 'God', but I'm certain they took that into account.

I hope.

Eric The(NoCauseForAlarm,Folks,JustASimpleMassacreOfInnocents,MoveAlongNow)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top