Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2001 11:55:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
From Yahoo...

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20011016/capt.1003279926attacks_gun_sales_flrs103.jpg[/img]
Targets of Osama Bin Laden shot by customers hang at the range in Tactical Edge gun shop in West Palm Beach, Fla., as Edward Fox checks out a gas mask at the store Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2001. The store is selling gas masks and chemical resistant suits as well as nearly three times the normal amount of firearms. (AP Photo/Rick Silva)
View Quote

View Quote

Not that I disagree with the shooting of Bin Laden targets, because I don't, but someone at the local gun range told me that silhouette targets do not have faces on them because it is against BAFT regs. to shoot at targets with pronounced features identifying it as a person, such as a face.

Just out of curiosity, this isn't true, is it?

Ian
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
God, now ATF can tell us what type of target we can shoot?

When does the approved toilet paper list come out???
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that is a state law in some states. I have heard people from MA complain alot about such a law in their state. It doesn't make sense, but then again neither do the Kennedy's who own MA.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW it is *not* illegal to shoot picture targets in MA.

It is only illegal to do so at gun clubs that have a 'Club LTC'(LTC is MA license to carry), and I don't know of any that exist with such a license.  Still, most ranges don't want to upset the Gestapo and don't allow the picture targets.

This law was challenged by GOAL, and they lost the case - judge upheld that piece of brilliant legislation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top