Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 12:29:48 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence said on Sunday that fresh intelligence showed ``high probabilities'' that Osama bin Laden was still alive despite the 12-week U.S. military drive to destroy him and his al Qaeda network in Afghanistan.......

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011230/ts/attack_military_dc.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea where his live body might reside ??
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If I were a betting man I would have to lay odds of 70% Pakistan and 30% Saudi Arabia.

There's no way that Pakistan could be guarding the border as well as they say they are with the troops being massed on the other side of the country in preparation for the war with India. I think it would have been pretty easy for him to slip across the border unmolested.

Once in Pakistan it would have been much easier for him to esacpe to Saudi, where he still has strong backers and little chance of being bombed at this point.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I were a betting man I would have to lay odds of 70% Pakistan and 30% Saudi Arabia.

There's no way that Pakistan could be guarding the border as well as they say they are with the troops being massed on the other side of the country in preparation for the war with India. I think it would have been pretty easy for him to slip across the border unmolested.

Once in Pakistan it would have been much easier for him to esacpe to Saudi, where he still has strong backers and little chance of being bombed at this point.
View Quote

Saudi Arabia's mention in any negative way is forbidden - even on FOX.
However this past week one of the visiting 'experts' was asked where he thought OBL might be.

His answer went something like this..." I believe he would go to a place where he has friends to hide him, family and access to money.
I believe he is in Saudi Arabia."

The Fox Newsette clipped his speech at about Saudi Ara....
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Saudi seems like a pretty logical place for him to go if he had a way to get there undetected. As evidenced by one of his latest videos of him meeting with a Saudi millionaire, he would have much better resources to stay hidden than he's gonna have in a cave or in some little village on the Pakistani border.

Assuming he actually still is alive, he is on the run and the best place for him to be right now is away from the action, especially with us bombing everything in sight. If he had a chance to sneak into Saudi Arabia it would make it that much harder for us to get to him because of the approval we would need to get from another nation to search for him there without just busting in and blowing the shit out of people who get in our way. That would really get the other muslim nations on our ass if we just started invading every country where he "might" just be. We need to get some hard info and it would make our job a lot easier.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
According to my sources he's in Paterson NJ.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
OBL has supporters among the younger (relative term) members of the Saudi ruling family.
I think an almost impossible "snatch-and-grab and a difficult but not impossible kill.

As for the Saudi ruling family giving him up ?  I don't believe so.  I try and continually remind myself of the fact that the citizens of Arabia probably hate the ruling family even more than the "Great Satan."

Does not matter as much even for the American people but for our respect to continue to grow in the Muslim world OBL must be killed and we must seen as either the 'doers' or the 'causers' of his death.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does not matter as much even for the American people but for our respect to continue to grow in the Muslim world OBL must be killed and we must seen as either the 'doers' or the 'causers' of his death.
View Quote

Right, but for us to have to kill hundreds if not thousands of "innocent" muslims all over the middle east in our quest to get to Osama, it would put us in an even worse light to the muslims that aren't completely against us yet.

If we had some pretty good info on his location it would make it a lot easier for us to just barge in and get him, regardless of him whereabouts.

Besides, with $25M on his head he needs to surround himself with some super rich people. I think the less fortunate would be a little more apt to "change religions" to get a chance at that kind of dough.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What I want to know is... why is supposidly friendly, supposlidly muslim hating Hindu India going so far out of their way to help bin Laden escape from the US?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
OBL better not make it to Saudi Arabia! Remember this little story: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=69818[/url] ???

Eric The(NowItDoesn'tSeemTooFarFetched!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I try and continually remind myself of the fact that the citizens of Arabia probably hate the ruling family even more than the "Great Satan."
View Quote

E.T. Hun,
I don't believe that he would have only support from the "common" people but also from within the ruling family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top