Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 6:43:41 AM EDT
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/12/bill_would_eliminate_required.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Two Republican legislators propose eliminating the license required to carry a concealed handgun in Ohio, a change one describes as an effort to put Second Amendment rights on the same footing as others in the Bill of Rights.

The bill, introduced Wednesday by Reps. Ron Hood of Ashville and Matt Lynch of Bainbridge Township in Geauga County, would allow any person who is at least 21 years old to carry a concealed firearm, so long as they are not legally prohibited for some reason from having guns."

“The person’s right to carry a concealed firearm ... that is granted under this division is the same right as is granted to a person who was issued a concealed handgun license,” the bill says.

Lynch described it as the “constitutional carry bill.”
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Longshot... but I'd love to see it happen.

Perhaps fix that dumbass 31 round centerfire mag rule as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
from a guy in indiana that travels ohio and can`t legally carry... that would be sweet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually see a pretty big down side to it.  Ohio enjoys reciprocity with a large number of other states, and is about to get more, assuming HB203 becomes law.  We would lose all of them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
from a guy in indiana that travels ohio and can`t legally carry... that would be sweet.
View Quote

HB 203 could possibly fix that as well.  If not through reciprocity, then by way of Ohio non-resident permit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh mixed feelings.

Sure, I see what they want to do, but that has consequences.  We'll lose all reciprocity with the other states plus the states we are about to add.   Reciprocity always seems to hinge on the number of hours of CCW classroom/training. With zero requirements, all the other states will not allow us to carry in their state since we don't meet their 'training' requirements.

Ditch the 31 round and make it so I don't need to NICS a purchase if I have a CCW license.  Show and go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There will still be licensing available for reciprocity with other States.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually see a pretty big down side to it.  Ohio enjoys reciprocity with a large number of other states, and is about to get more, assuming HB203 becomes law.  We would lose all of them.

If that's the case, I'm all in.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that work?  So we take a separate, optional class in order to meet other states' requirements.  Id be ok with that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#11]
It would probably be akin to the way Alaska does it.  No permit or license to carry CCW as long as you're 21, but with a CCW license ,reciprocity is 37 states iirc.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Good. I hope this spreads.

Shouldn't need a permit or license for a right. If you commit a crime there are laws for that.

It is a utopian liberal dream to legislate safety. It's foolish. It can't be done.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh mixed feelings.

Sure, I see what they want to do, but that has consequences.  We'll lose all reciprocity with the other states plus the states we are about to add.   Reciprocity always seems to hinge on the number of hours of CCW classroom/training. With zero requirements, all the other states will not allow us to carry in their state since we don't meet their 'training' requirements.

Ditch the 31 round and make it so I don't need to NICS a purchase if I have a CCW license.  Show and go.
View Quote

I have a question for the Ohioan CCW, is there any restriction for a CCW holder from KY (has reciprocity) for keeping a locked firearm up in a parked vehicle while on college campuses. Have to go to a graduation next week?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have a question for the Ohioan CCW, is there any restriction for a CCW holder from KY (has reciprocity) for keeping a locked firearm up in a parked vehicle while on college campuses. Have to go to a graduation next week?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh mixed feelings.

It is legal to keep it locked in the car.

The Law
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]
State Highway Patrol in OH will have a fucking cow...seeing how they support freedom and all. Ohio Highway Patrol has been the biggest single obstacle to conceal carry in Oh than any other group other than Brady

GREAT NEWS!  and I hope the OSHP chokes on it

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#16]
So sad that Obama won Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So sad that Obama won Ohio.
View Quote

Cleveland, and the other FSA camps known as cities.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Why, yes.  Yes I did.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh mixed feelings.

The Law

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/12/bill_would_eliminate_required.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Two Republican legislators propose eliminating the license required to carry a concealed handgun in Ohio, a change one describes as an effort to put Second Amendment rights on the same footing as others in the Bill of Rights.

The bill, introduced Wednesday by Reps. Ron Hood of Ashville and Matt Lynch of Bainbridge Township in Geauga County, would allow any person who is at least 21 years old to carry a concealed firearm, so long as they are not legally prohibited for some reason from having guns."

“The person’s right to carry a concealed firearm ... that is granted under this division is the same right as is granted to a person who was issued a concealed handgun license,” the bill says.

Lynch described it as the “constitutional carry bill.”
View Quote

As it should be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top