Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 11:08:57 AM EDT
Anybody have a sample bill of sales for FTF sales?
I'm selling a revolver to a local guy and he wants a bill of sales from me and I guess it would be good for me to have a copy too.  I have his full name and his DL number.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just type one up on your computer and make two copies, one for you and one for him.

I included on mine the make, model and serial number of the gun. The date the transaction took place and the price. I had a place for my name and one for the buyer and a place for both of us to sign it.

K.I.S.S.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody have a sample bill of sales for FTF sales?
I'm selling a revolver to a local guy and he wants a bill of sales from me and I guess it would be good for me to have a copy too.  I have his full name and his DL number.  

This is what I use.  I format it a little bit, but the content is the same and I make have an identical one that is the Seller Copy for CYA purposes.   A bill of sale is not required here in GA, but I like to to have one nevertheless.  If they don't want to sign the BOS, then they can pound sand.

Bill of Sale
(Buyer’s Copy)

For the consideration of $___________ the seller does hereby sell, assign, and transfer to the buyer a __________________ with serial number _____________________ in “as is” condition on the _____ day of  ________ in the year _____.   By signing this bill of sale, the buyer confirms that he or she is a resident of the State of Georgia and not prohibited from owning firearms.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not required by the ATF in Ga,why figure you need to stiffen their laws??
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

CYA.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just to cover my ass.
Anyway, I'll just keep it in my record book... I'm not going to send it to ATFE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Honestly because I live Savannah and there are lots of bad guys looking to pick up a nice used weapon via the tell 'n sell. ,  If I don';t have any proof that it was sold  and it ges picked up at a crime scene , then I'm looking at a shotload of legal fees to clear my name.

Its purely a cover my ass thing.  

Of course if a fellow arfcommer wanted to buy a gun or otherwise a friend, I probably wouldn't be so picky.  Of course that reminds me of a story called Ruby Ridge. Not really since I wouldn't sell anything illegal, but you get my drift, I'm sure.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
So I take it some of you missed the thread the other day about the seized AR15, the BATF visit, and the two ARFcom members who weren't quite sure who/when /where the firearm went...?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the following wording at the top of the form I use, then blanks for all of the usual info:

I, the undersigned, acknowledge receipt of the firearm listed below.  I hereby affirm and declare that I am not prohibited in any way from purchasing or owning a firearm, and I absolve <<<HardShell>>> of any and all liability related to this transfer of ownership.

It may not be worth the paper it's printed on, but it couldn't hurt...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So I take it some of you missed the thread the other day about the stolen AR15, the BATF visit, and the two ARFcom members who weren't quite sure who/when /where the firearm went...?

linky dinky ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You MUST be a Libertarian. A stupid selfish young one at that.

It's called a Societal Contract.
It's called the Responsible Thing To Do.
It's called the Moral Thing To Do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you must be from California.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys.  I'll make one up using your suggestions.
In past I just kept name and DL # of the buyer and gave my name and DL#.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I'll make one up using your suggestions.
In past I just kept name and DL # of the buyer and gave my name and DL#.

If you happen to use WordPerfect & are interested, e-mail me and I'll e-mail mine back to you so you don't have to type one up from scratch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Some gun show organizers hand these forms out for free. In Fayetteville, NC the organizer even provides a table so the sellers/buyers can sit down and fill them out. I think it is a good idea to do this. It'll go a long way towards covering your posterior if a buyer turns out to be a psycho. And if you buy something that turns out to be a lemon you can track down the seller with the information provided.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I also include that there is no warrenty and gun is bought as is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry rayra, but it not reqired, no is it a breach of any contract or moral issue.

I don't do bill of sales on guns that I sell FTF, for the simple reason that it doesn't matter, and isn't required under the laws of that state that I reside in .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top