Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 2:38:57 PM EDT
I don't know whether to flame the guy, or thank him

Just because I sent an email to him criticizing him for his disrespect of our president (during his recent interview), he called me a "right-wing, bomb-thrower"

WTF?

He's talking to the Leader of the Free World, and he treats the interview as if he were swapping stories with Michael Moore or something.

Very disrespectful, in my view, and I had to say so.

Bomb-thrower?

I dont think so

Right-winger?

Guilty
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
oh that was you.

I personally dont see why a citizen (not military) can't chat with the president like he is just one of us.

He works for us.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed that President Bush seems more approachable and at ease or more personable than most other presidents have been. I think that's a good thing as it makes him more down to earth than Mr Stiff-Neck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree.
I thought his manners were lacking.

A little respect is in order.

O'Reilly to the President:

"C'mon!"

That was embarrassing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
so you think it was over the top to criticize him?

maybe so, but I just thought he was pompous about it, and came across as "I'm bill fucking Oreilly"

Plus, the story wasn't The Factor but what the man had to say on issues/the campaign
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
oh that was you.

I personally dont see why a citizen (not military) can't chat with the president like he is just one of us.

He works for us.

That's true, but he's the guy we've agreed to trust with the safety of our selves and our families in areas of operation over which we are powerless. He's entitled to some respect. I stand up when a man 30 years older than I enters a room; I wouldn't talk to the president as I would to the guy on the next bar stool, even if (God forbid) the president were John Kerry. Now, if he put his feet up, cracked a beer, and said "FLAL1A, it's just you and me. Let's talk straight," I'd have no problem saying "Mr. President, I think you're a dumbass and you're screwing up badly. Here's why." If he didn't say "Let's talk straight," I'd say "Mr. President, I have some problems with some of your policies, and I'd like to explain them to you."
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I agree.
I thought his manners were lacking.

A little respect is in order.

O'Reilly to the President:

"C'mon!"

That was embarrassing.

Respect --------- maybe a little
but he works for the American people -- he is not royalty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be honored if Billy-boy called me a "right-wing, bomb-thrower".  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
True.
But the interview made me uncomfortable.
My wife noticed too.
We cringed at his manner.

I don't think that the President need to be treated as royalty, but I DO think he should be treated with a slight degree of formality.
It's the classy thing to do.

You call ambassadors "exellency", you call bishops "your emminence", you call older women "ma'am".

It's what makes us different from the savages.
Culture, class, Western Civ, Chivalry.

It's called being a gentleman.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Whatever happened to having some repsect and self-dignity in certain situations??

Some people just have to act informal.  Just to prove a point.  It's stupid.

It's like people who won't dress appropriately for a funeral, wedding, etc......

It's like people who think they can act however, and do what ever, and say whatever they want, irregardless of the situation.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
True.
My wife noticed too.

I don't think that the President need to be treated as royalty, but I DO think he should be treated with a slight degree of formality.

You call ambassadors "exellency", you call bishops "your emminence", you call older women "ma'am".

BINGO. Cincinnatus is my new hero. This Cincinnatus, I mean. The old Cincinnatus has always been one of my heroes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't know whether to flame the guy, or thank him

Just because I sent an email to him criticizing him for his disrespect of our president (during his recent interview), he called me a "right-wing, bomb-thrower"

WTF?

He's talking to the Leader of the Free World, and he treats the interview as if he were swapping stories with Michael Moore or something.

Very disrespectful, in my view, and I had to say so.

Bomb-thrower?

I dont think so

Right-winger?

Guilty

He's an assclown that is ate up with himself !
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I call all females ma'am.

It's just simpler that way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Bill O'Reilly is a self-absorbed salesman and the product he is selling is himself.

He is not, I repeat, NOT conservative.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Bill O'Reilly is a self-absorbed indignation peddler.

Congrats on getting his attention.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bill O'Reilly is a self-absorbed salesman and the product he is selling is himself.

+1

90% of the ideology O'Reilly spouts is worse than the most pernicious lefty humanistic crap. I have more respect for Dan Rather. At least Rather doesn't pretend to be something he isn't.

I guess what really bugs me about O'Reilly is his knack of treating EVERYONE like a brain damaged child.

Pfft! Fuck that lefty shitbird. Just another reason not to turn the TV on.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
True.
My wife noticed too.

Agreed
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1

Except he is a terrible salesman since he is losing his audience like crazy right now.

Don't let "The Leprechaun" get to you  (credit to Michael Savage).  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I guess what really bugs me about O'Reilly is his knack of treating EVERYONE like a brain damaged child.

Those are the words I have been searching for.  I happen to like Michael Savage even though he is a raging lunatic and I often dissagree with him.  Thing is....savage is a raging lunatic, but he doesn't talk down to you and doesn't pretend like he needs to hold your hand.  He is entertainment and knows it.  O'reily, on the other hand, has this attitude that if he wasn't there to hold your hand and wipe your ass, you'd shit your pants and die hungry sitting in a corner.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#23]
If it wasn't for Bills ego well, there wouldn't be any....Bill
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Did any of you guys see 60 minutes with the O'Reilly interview? There were several issues that had a very leftist view.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#25]
HAHA, I just heard him read your email.  You're a celebrity now!

He called you a "kool-aid conservative"  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm Bill O'reilly. Bitch!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought OReillys interview was EXCELLENT.

I had no problem with the "tone" of the interview.

Yes, hes the President - but he's a public servant.

The office is due respect, the man should answer our questions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top