Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/10/2002 3:29:48 PM EST
What a dickhead. Some prof. from Chapel Hill was on defending a course about the Koran. He says he would refuse to read it as well as refuse to read Mein Kampf if it was in 1941. The smartest military leaders knew that you must "Know thy enemy." I have read both books and dont feel I was "indoctrinated" into anything. I have a better understanding of the people who believe them. I dont think I like Mr. Oreilly anymore. BP
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:34:39 PM EST
People bag on Rush for being a populist conservative, when that's all O'Reilly is capable of being. He's be a populist liberal if it got him ratings. It was funny watching him go nuts when Drudge broke the story of his syndication company spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in "ad" money to get O'Reilly on the air in several markets. I haven't liked O'Reilly for a long time, most specifically after his last anti-gun tirade. He doesn't believe in the Second Amendment in any way, shape, or form. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:07:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/10/2002 4:09:34 PM EST by Adam_White]
FOR THE LAST TIME: The book in question is NOT the Koran. It is a book ABOUT the Koran. How would you folks feel if the people in CNN were to interpret all of your news for you? This is the same issue. The concern here is that this book paints a biased perspective on Islam. I doubt there would be so much controversy if students were allowed to read the Koran itself or even if two books were presented - one favorable to the Koran and one otherwise. Adam
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:07:23 PM EST
I was watching that also, I like what the professor said. Write a report telling why you wouldn't read it. Defend your point of view. So to defend it you would have to read it and see why you wouldn't read it. MAKE SENSE there was no reason not to read it. If your going to be closed minded than take another class with another professor IF GIVEN. Read the real deal and decide. It's like my farther refusing to ride in a German car. Because what happened to the Jews. So he didn't buy another Chrysler since Mercedes took over. What does he go and do buys a Japanese Vehicle. This made no sense to me. Weren't they killing Americans. He was in the Korean War he still eats Kim Chee
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:29:52 PM EST
How boring it would be to watch a show where you agreed with everything that the host said. You would sit there looking like a bobble head doll. Rejoice that you have a mind of your own and can decide what is right by FORMING AN OPINION BASED ON INFORMATION that you might not agree with. If you don't have two sides of an issue to look at then you can't make an informed opinion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:41:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas: People bag on Rush for being a populist conservative, when that's all O'Reilly is capable of being. He's be a populist liberal if it got him ratings. It was funny watching him go nuts when Drudge broke the story of his syndication company spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in "ad" money to get O'Reilly on the air in several markets. I haven't liked O'Reilly for a long time, most specifically after his last anti-gun tirade. He doesn't believe in the Second Amendment in any way, shape, or form. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote
You are very right,Bill is just about to go on the commie list. I really don't like Rush that much(he is ok) but most people that bast him let O'reilly of the hook.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:54:21 PM EST
I think O'Reilly has gone downhill in the past 6 months or so. Maybe I'm just getting tired of him, but lately he's just coming off as extrememly arrogant (more so than usual). I wish Alan Keyes was still on MSNBC...
Top Top