Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 6:29:32 PM EDT by flyfishnepa]

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/5/2686099/bill-obrien-penn-state-head-coach

meh

though it's better than picking someone who could have had knowledge of what sandusky was doing

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:32:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By flyfishnepa:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/5/2686099/bill-obrien-penn-state-head-coach

meh

though it's better than picking someone who could have had knowledge of what sandusky was doing

Did he rape any boys? Or let it happen?

If no, that's a start.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:32:40 PM EDT
If this means the end of anemic offenses I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:33:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By patchouli:

meh

Did he rape any boys? Or let it happen?

If no, that's a start.

Give the guy some time!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:35:32 PM EDT
If he is reportedly to take over I will hold judgment of him until after a season or two... On the other hand I work with a die hard Pats fan. He claims O' Brien is a douchbag and was only the wide receivers coach a year ago. Isn't he the guy who fought with Tom Brady? We shall see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jmhal:

Because what is important here is the football program, right?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:11 PM EDT

Or how about defensive backs who can run a 4.4 - 40?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pen:

I might be a little slow. But, you may have stumbled into a discussion about a coaching job for football.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:39:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigJ_223:

I might be a little slow. But, you may have stumbled into a discussion about a coaching job for football.

I don't believe you're the one that's slow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:45:27 PM EDT
So are the penn staters still rioting for joepa? I javen't heard anything about PS in a long time?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:51:47 PM EDT

If he is reportedly to take over I will hold judgment of him until after a season or two... On the other hand I work with a die hard Pats fan. He claims O' Brien is a douchbag and was only the wide receivers coach a year ago. Isn't he the guy who fought with Tom Brady? We shall see what happens.

yeah. i wasn't delusional enough to think we'd get a big name but i thought it would be someone with head coaching experience. also, it's not like being a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the patriots is a challenge .

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:01:37 PM EDT

yeah. i wasn't delusional enough to think we'd get a big name but i thought it would be someone with head coaching experience. also, it's not like being a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the patriots is a challenge .

I was hoping the rumor was true that Urban was interested in the job. I'm not trying to poo-poo this guys career so far. I just don't know enough about him to come to my own conclusions. Me personally, as a huge Penn Sate fan, was hoping for a defensive minded coach.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:03:13 PM EDT

I don't believe you're the one that's slow.

I think a large percentage of Penn State fans are a little slow.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:05:16 PM EDT

Huge +1
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:06:12 PM EDT

So are the penn staters still rioting for joepa? I javen't heard anything about PS in a long time?

Media got bored.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:06:33 PM EDT

Nope. Pretty normal around town now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:07:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lakeguy:

Nope. Pretty normal around town now.

That's good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:25:05 PM EDT
How about they just scrap the football program for a decade in pure institutional shame then they can try again.
Top Top