Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:02:40 PM EDT
Last night I was actually flipping channel on the TV (a pretty rare thing for me as I dont watch much TV) and I came across a supposed 'comedy' special by Bill Maher. What was branded as comedy was actually (to my interpretation) a very angry man that feels so disenfranchised by his government that he spends the better part of an hour lashing out at the President. In an hour, I think I heard 1-2 minutes of actual comedy. What I forced myself to sit through (as I was genuinely interested in the whole concept of a comedy show that was nothing more than a pissed off hippie ranting about not being able to get high and live in a peaceful, intellectual world) was the rantings and personal attacks spewed by a man that clearly cannot cope with modern life in America. The guy outwardly admits that he is embarrassed by his country, which amazes me being that the citizens of this same country are the ones that have made him a millionaire.

What I found even more shocking was that an entire audience full of koolaide drinkers sat at the edge of their seats in anticipation of his every word...cheering the personal attacks vaulted at our President.

Things I learned last night...

Bill Clinton is cool because he cheated on his wife.
George Bush is stupid because he is Christian.
Amsterdam is a better place to live than America.
Smoking weed is apparently the best thing a person can do for themselves.

What I saw last night was an angry personal attack against the president, wrapped in the label of stand up comedy. The fact that people in this country will pay to hear him preach troubles me.
I'm not sure if the one hour special was design to make people laugh or not. I didnt find it at all humorous, rather, I found it contemptuous and at times, bordering on treason.

Amazing what we tolerate as a society.

[sgtar15] Discuss [/sgtar15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like this place and all  the bush cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I caught some of his comedy a few years ago.  Poked some pretty good fun at Muslems.  I enjoyed that, but that was about it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill Maher is an idiot. Oh, and very overated in his own mind.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing new here... he is angry guy because people don't embrace him and give him the attention/accolades/money he "deserves".   If people were only as smart as him, they would realize the errors in their thinking.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bill Maher is an idiot. Oh, and very overated in his own mind.

Not much you can add to that .
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Amsterdam is a better place to live than America.

While no where near "better," there is something to be said for a place where ass and grass are both legally for sale. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Other bitter intellectuals:

Bill Moyer
John Kerry
Algore
Molly Ivins
Everyone working for the NYT

Their ad hominym attacks show just how unbalanced they are.  

To be fair, I know plenty of people on the right who are this way.  Mostly, they have the attitude that their way is the only way.  To these people, to even entertain the thought that there might be another correct answer to a question is tantamount to them saying that they are wrong.

They have personalities problems.  Most people with personality problems are incapable of being clear-head, let alone funny.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

More DU cellar dwellers in here like you..

Amidst the constant drumbeat of 3 of the 4 networks, Hollywood, modern music, the democratic party, every college in America, moonbats on every channel..hell we're just a flea on a dog in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You just outed yourself, ...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wow..did a search on your drivelings here on ARfcom. You've never posted about a weapon or gun related issue. You defend homosexuality, John Kerry, Bill and Hitlery, the DNC, abortion, John (turncoat) Murtha. I bet you go to democraticnderground and pride yourself on being a stealth member here? Nope...you've been marked, congratulations. We know you're here now and we know what you are here for.

roguemoonbat said:
clooney was deadpanning.

better him clowning around than that shitbag, faggot toby keith that y'all love. "boot in your ass"...riight. as long as it's some poor family's son or daughter in iraq instead of his fat, faggot country ass. fucking fat-ass jizz-guzzler...but i digress....
i'm not a fan of kerry, but he couldn't have done worse than the dumbass in office right now.
dickhead draft-dodger sending good men and women to die in iraq for no fucking reason. why didn't we send those 140,000 troops to afghanistan to root out that motherfucker responsible for 9/11 once and for all?
do you know what's happening in afghanistan right now? the taliban is back and they just executed a teacher last week, poppy production and drug-trafficking had a record high last year, and the warlords controlling all that still have their armies. karzai is dead as soon as we leave that country.
but don't worry about that. it's far more important to rant about clooney and brad and angelina.
get your heads out of your asses and step out of your trailers and get some gresh air, maybe even pick up a newspaper. JESUS FUCKING H. CHRIST!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow..did a search on your drivelings here on ARfcom. You've never posted about a weapon or gun related issue. You defend homosexuality, John Kerry, Bill and Hitlery, the DNC, abortion, John (turncoat) Murtha. I bet you go to democraticnderground and pride yourself on being a stealth member here? Nope...you've been marked, congratulations. We know you're here now and we know what you are here for.

Don't feed the
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sounds like you're a who needs to haul ass back to DU.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...Amazing what we tolerate as a society.

It's not Amazing at all.  "Those, like Roguecong, have the right to their opinion.  If we didn't "tolerate" it we wouldn't be American.  Bill Maher shows his ignorance by lashing out at the government, saying the shit he does, and then following it up with "I'm ashamed to be an Amarican."  He should be happy he can spout off his ignorance and not lose is head let alone get paid.  I'm no Bush cheerleader but I'd love to run into Bill Maher in a dark alley.  He's a true POS!

That is all,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is plenty of bush bashing around here.
immigration policy and the peaceful muslim theory tend to be first.

We don't blame him for the extinction of the dinosaurs nor our inability to get a 150K a year job with a BA in fine arts from Cal State Chico, however

Thats only because the conspiracy surrounding the Haliburton Time Machine has not yet come out.  The Bush family financed it you know.   They introduced a virus to the dinosuars to kill them off so they could later drill the oil.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]
He's just a jackass, plain and simple.
I'd love to see a cage match between Bill Maher & Ted Nugent.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I disagree. I dont think BM is an idiot. He backed the US going into Iraq, which his target audiance didnt like.  Is it possible he is just trying to hold onto his lofty high paying job?

Anyway, i dont give a shit. Im like you. I rarely watch tv and entertainers are just that...entertainers.  They have less grip on reality most. They grew up to Entertain.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#20]
He sounds like an angry man?

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Thick with troll this thread is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thick with troll this thread is.
www.dafyd.me.uk/blog/docs/yoda.jpg

Best reply I've seen all night!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#23]

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
� Theodore Roosevelt

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Bill Maher sucks.

The less we pay attention to him the better off we will all be.

Max
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Ugly little man who  can't get laid
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#26]
i change the channel whenever i see bill
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Look trolling newbie, we don't need people like you to give our state a bad name.

Change your location to France or Quebec, please.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That's exactly how I picture him: The geeky guy in high school who never got laid grew up to be a cynical bitch.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look trolling newbie, we don't need people like you to give our state a bad name.

Oh that happened long before he got here......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:51:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh that happened long before he got here......

So I'm told.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
� Theodore Roosevelt

Of course, you're setting up a straw man, since no one ever argued that.  Straw man arguments are the staple of those who lack the ability to come up with a rational argument.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:01:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't blame him for the extinction of the dinosaurs nor our inability to get a 150K a year job with a BA in fine arts from Cal State Chico, however

Clinton gets blamed for that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naw, your boy Bill only gets blamed for ignoring the threat from Al Quaeda, refusing an offer to hand Bin Laden over to us, treating terrorism like a law enforcement issue and gutting the military.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Isn't Maher the same fuckstick who got in deep trouble for calling the 9/11 murderers brave and the equivalent to the founding fathers or some such other drivel?

I seem to recall a huge backlash over that, and his losing a tv show deal because of it.

I know I'll have nothing to do with any project he's involved with, after that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naw, your boy Bill only gets.... blah, blah, blah...

Never has been my boy, you brain dead twit. Now crawl back into your hole.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Isn't Maher the same fuckstick who got in deep trouble for calling the 9/11 murderers brave and the equivalent to the founding fathers or some such other drivel?

I seem to recall a huge backlash over that, and his losing a tv show deal because of it.

I know I'll have nothing to do with any project he's involved with, after that.

Same guy...and that is why I was interested when I saw the program on and decided to endure the entire show. Im a big fan of exposing myself to things that I dont neccesarily enjoy or agree with. I was curious to see what this guy had to say after having a few year to reflect on ruining his career with his big mouth. The things he said sounded like the crap I would expect to hear out of some indignant, stoned hippe college kid.....the kind that has the entire world all figured out at age 20, but of course doesnt work, hasnt traveled, and has never been responsible for others.

When I see people that are as conflicted as him, I assume they have psychological issues. I don't care who you are or what you do...harboring that much anger, regardless of the justification, isnt healthy. The guy needs to spend a little less time on stage try to recruit non-thinkers for his movement and get himself into therapy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naw, your boy Bill only gets.... blah, blah, blah...

Never has been my boy, you brain dead twit. Now crawl back into your hole.

Thanks for the kind words, Tidler, but I'll stay here or wherever I feel like without taking any advice from your or any other questionable source.  And if Bill ain't "your boy" why do you keep bringing him up?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#38]

What an ass.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't know if that's an old one, but it gave me a good laugh.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#40]
They had the nerve to show a video of Bill Maher explaining the Bill of Rights to us when I took government in college. It made me sick to see him poo poo the 2nd amendment and say that it doesn't apply anymore and is outdated.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Bill Maher in an angry man  

I thought this thread was going to be about gay guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

WooHoo, Imbro be back...!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Taking it up the ass for years tends to make one a rather short-tempered little trick.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's exactly how I picture him: The geeky guy in high school who never got laid grew up to be a cynical bitch.

Actually, I bet he has moonbats lining up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#45]
"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly....staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

This was his direct quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
They had the nerve to show a video of Bill Maher explaining the Bill of Rights to us when I took government in college. It made me sick to see him poo poo the 2nd amendment and say that it doesn't apply anymore and is outdated.

He used to play the 2nd Amendment off with a remark that all people needed were salad shooters not guns. Remember seeing him on Politically Incorrect, then he had a show on HBO. His HBO show was a constant stream of shit spewing from his mouth. I put him in the same catagory as Jon Daily. Daily just isn't quite as virulent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Taking it up the ass for years tends to make one a rather short-tempered little trick.

Bill Maher is a little puss.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I actually liked his show (Politically Incorrect). I usually disagreed with what he had to say but it was interesting to see the variety of opinions expressed by his guests. He used to have Ted Nugent on a fair amount and it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WooHoo, Imbro be back...!

Yet, unlike DUh, ARFCOM never deleted his post... he actually has room for debate and arguement on this site yet the conservatives are the intolerant ones. So bring it on Roguecong. Give us the BEST you got.

I'll bet that you havent done a search and notice that on this site people DO criticize Bush for moves he makes. did you?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Sad thing is she might be a Bill Mahr supporter.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top