Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 7:56:10 AM EDT
Ok, so I'm leaving the last local show they had and on my way to the door... a guy walks in with a Beretta that I've been looking for. I ask how much, he replies, I offer and he accepts. I go to hand him the money and he lays his pistol on the table to accept the cash (this table is where they have the box for the drawings for who knows what).

As I'm on my way out the door, Goodman's sons' pal walks up and says "you just bought a gun off my table and you are never welcome at any of our shows again". In unbelief I start to explain what happens and he's not interested and asks me to leave. Without a scene I walk out. Unbelievable....

So then, a couple weeks later I'm talking to a buddy of mine that says the Goodman's allow some guy to stand by the door and shark people walking in, because he has their cars detailed when they are in town and occassionally takes them out to dinner after the show... if he does well.

It's a shame that the few gun shows that are left in this area are run by people like this. No wonder gun shows have a bad name.[V]

I'm telling anyone I know to stay clear of the Goodman shows.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
His show sucks ass in Indianapolis as well..that's the only one I won't go to.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Goodman's Indianapolis show didn't have anyone checking incoming guns to see if they were loaded the last time I went to one. I only go to the 1500 and local shows now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I know it's Friday, and I am nearing 'week-end' mode, but I do not understand exactly what he was giving you crap about?  Can you clarify?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe that he didn't get a cut of the sale?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand the deal either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
His Dayton show is one of the few worth attending in Ohio (that I have found so far).
A sign is always posted at the doorway that sales are not allowed outside or near the door.  
I really thought they just wanted to keep the entrance and exit clear in case of emergency.
Many shows have a gang of people (mostly dealers) lurking by the door trying to snipe the good deals (or the unsuspecting) as they come thru the front door.
Got to agree the Indy 1500 is a cut above though.
Sorry to hear you ran into an azzclown.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't count the number of dealers who swear Goodman & his boy are assholes. Yet another reason to only go to Pope Shows!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top