[#3]
deaf ears and all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
too long, and he is racist anyways, waste of air

Really ?
What makes you think he's racist ?

I have never heard of Bill Cosby say or state anything that wasn't spot on, even in his comedy stuff.
Love the guy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Took about a minute to read, and if you had, you'd appreciate the massive irony in your post.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ?

I have never heard of Bill Cosby say or state anything that wasn't spot on, even in his comedy stuff.
Love the guy.

I read a biography on him a couple of months ago.  He's a real impressive person.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Any source saying that was actually his words?

Smells fishy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ?

Love the guy.

Cosby caught a lot of flack last time he said something along these lines.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#11]
fuck him and his racist wife.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Smells fishy.

IIRC this was a from a speech he gave somewhere, I vaguely remember the uproar after on the news, this is 2-3 years old....Again IIRC.

ETA: Link posted while I was typing, way older than 2-3 years....time goes by fast.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn't read? yes it could be interpreted as racist, while also its a good read and a problem of today's society
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
If any white man said those things he'd be labeled racist.

Cosby's been preaching that message for many years. And gets called Uncle Tom for his effort.

Folks can't be hearing that shit.

It's racist.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
He's been a personal hero of mine since I was a boy.

I actually got to see him in Puyallup, WA a few years back.  I could listen to him for hours.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#16]
i have had first hand experience with his wife.  by far, the most racist person i have ever known.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Great points Bill makes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Da foo! I ma shank dat nigga!

In all honesty...you wanna insight into how the black community operates...take a trip over to WorldStarHipHop...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ?

Love the guy.

A white man saying these things is "racist."

A black man saying these things is "an 'unauthentic' African American."
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Splendiferus, have a pudding pop
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Splendiferus, have a pudding pop

I miss those
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I've seen the parent (typically just one and rarely both) who suddenly come out of nowhere when their kid is suddenly in court facing charges. I had one mother who had kicked her daughter out of her house and the girl was living on the streets, but when she got caught up in a felony oh boy momma was there fast.

Dooming whole generations of young blacks to live tortured existences going in and out of the criminal justice and corrections systems until they end up dead. If Obama gave two shits about gun violence he'd get his rear over to Chicago and start addressing black Americans there and their serious cultural issues.

Obama is the first black "President" and I haven't seen him do a damn thing to address the cultural issues facing inner city urban blacks in this nation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]
He's spot on, and he's been saying that stuff for years.  He's long been a critic of much of the characteristics of the general black "community."

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link

While I do agree with him in this instant.

He is a huge Obama supporter.
Fuck him and FBHO.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#26]
if he voted for obama, his words mean absolutely DICK
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
deaf ears and all.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#28]
If that was written by Bill Cosby, I'll eat a goat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've seen the parent (typically just one and rarely both) who suddenly come out of nowhere when their kid is suddenly in court facing charges. I had one mother who had kicked her daughter out of her house and the girl was living on the streets, but when she got caught up in a felony oh boy momma was there fast.

Dooming whole generations of young blacks to live tortured existences going in and out of the criminal justice and corrections systems until they end up dead. If Obama gave two shits about gun violence he'd get his rear over to Chicago and start addressing black Americans there and their serious cultural issues.

Obama is the first black "President" and I haven't seen him do a damn thing to address the cultural issues facing inner city urban blacks in this nation.

Obama knows nothing of, and probably cares nothing for, black americans. He isn't one, his father wasn't one, he didn't even grow up here. Why would he give two shits?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:29:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Written in the wrong order in the OP.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:31:59 AM EDT
[#32]
I think he nails it in these two vids.  He may be an Obama supporter and his wife may be a racist (I don't know anything about her)

but, I like what he says in these two examples.

This one gets good around 3 minutes in...

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took about a minute to read, and if you had, you'd appreciate the massive irony in your post.

QFT
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#34]
sometimes the truth hurts
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Smells fishy.

He has been saying this for 10 years at least.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I met Bill a number of times when I lived next door to him in MA.  

He is a good guy.  He has been ridculed by the NAACP for saying things like "if you want a job, learn how to speak proper English, pull up your pants and take off your hat".    He is more middle of the road conservative then most here give him credit for.  

He is quite educated.  Soft spoken, and lives a good honest life from what I saw.  I ran into him at the post office a number of times as well as shooting the shit with him if he drove by while I was in my yard mowing, etc.  (His compound is MUCH larger than anything I had in western MA...LOL  BEAUTIFUL grounds.  

I will give Bill a pass since I have met him numerous times, and found myself agreeing with much of what he has said.  I do know he made some comments before about guns after his son was killed that I did not agree with.  I will chalk that up to the natural emotions.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Written in the wrong order in the OP.

I've heard that before.

But, what this looks like is some guy adding his own commentary/rant and trying to pass it off - make it more "legitimate" by lumping it in with Cosby.

EDIT:  the but "With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail. " but especially sounds... off.  Also the rant about Africa.

He goes from sounding educated and cynical to sounding like some angry white guy who dropped out of high school.  It's just not consistent.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I met Bill a number of times when I lived next door to him in MA.  

He is a good guy.  He has been ridculed by the NAACP for saying things like "if you want a job, learn how to speak proper English, pull up your pants and take off your hat".    He is more middle of the road conservative then most here give him credit for.  

He is quite educated.  Soft spoken, and lives a good honest life from what I saw.  I ran into him at the post office a number of times as well as shooting the shit with him if he drove by while I was in my yard mowing, etc.  (His compound is MUCH larger than anything I had in western MA...LOL  BEAUTIFUL grounds.  

I will give Bill a pass since I have met him numerous times, and found myself agreeing with much of what he has said.  I do know he made some comments before about guns after his son was killed that I did not agree with.  I will chalk that up to the natural emotions.  

That's kind'a sort'a how I look at it.  What happened to his kid was hideous.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

He goes from sounding educated and cynical to sounding like some angry white guy who dropped out of high school.  It's just not consistent.
It certainly seems to have had some changes made, no argument there.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Must give credit where credit is due... The man is right.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I have always liked Bill Cosby. I dont know anything about his wife, really dont care...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have always liked Bill Cosby. I dont know anything about his wife, really dont care...

This.... My mother works with Special Ed kids. She was with a group of kids ( I don't remember where), they ran into Bill and he spent a good deal of time with her kids.
They were absolutely in awe of the guy. He talked to every kid (black, white, green, blue and purple) without being asked or prompted.
She still has several pictures from that day hanging in her office.

If my kid were killed, like his son.... who knows maybe my views would be different.
I agree with him a heck of a lot more than I disagree with him. He gets a pass in my book.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ?

Love the guy.

Automatically presumed that white people killed his son. He and his wife presumptively made the accusation on national TV. Said a bunch of off the wall stuff IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
fuck him and his racist wife.

What has Bill Cosby ever said that can be construed as raciest?

edit; sorry you said his wife was raciest.  nevermind
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Disclaimer: I am not racist and one of my best friends is a black man for over 25 years.  Now with that out of the way, a tv show of the "typical" black family, where one parent is a doctor and the other is a lawyer?  Most inner cities are a mother on welfare with a half dozen kids and  no father in site.  Her kids are out all hours of the night up to no good.  And yes Bill Cosby is definately a racist.  I've seen it in the news over the years where some black girl claimed white guys did something to her, raped her or whatever and he put up a big reward only to find out later she faked it, and then he just went away.  Seen it too many times with this guy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nope. Bill Clinton was the first black president. He said so.

And we all know he doesn't lie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#47]
So many Bill Cosby quotes are floating around the internet; I wonder which ones are legit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Disclaimer: I am not racist and one of my best friends is a black man for over 25 years.  Now with that out of the way, a tv show of the "typical" black family, where one parent is a doctor and the other is a lawyer?  Most inner cities are a mother on welfare with a half dozen kids and  no father in site.  Her kids are out all hours of the night up to no good.  And yes Bill Cosby is definately a racist.  I've seen it in the news over the years where some black girl claimed white guys did something to her, raped her or whatever and he put up a big reward only to find out later she faked it, and then he just went away.  Seen it too many times with this guy.

Tawana Brawley/ Al Sharpton fiasco.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Didn't he have an affair with somebody several years back.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#50]
The guy has balls for telling it how it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top