Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/19/2013 6:10:42 PM EDT
(delete if dupe, just thought this seemed like a good read)

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/bill-clinton-to-democrats-dont-trivialize-gun-culture-86443.html

edit, best quote:
“Do not be self-congratulatory about how brave you for being for this” gun control push, he said. “The only brave people are the people who are going to lose their jobs if they vote with you.”
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Atta boy Billy
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Employed white male voters are such a small number of the electorate now Obama feels safe going after guns.  This is 20 years after Bill Clinton's day in the sun with a Democratic Congress.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds about right.  Maybe they should listen to ole Uncle Bubba.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
But he said that he understands the culture that permeates a state like Arkansas — where guns are a longstanding part of local culture.
“A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing"

What a pompous ,and arrogant  ASS.

Both Clinton and Christie are proof that Obama comes in White
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
“A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. “I know because I come from this world.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/bill-clinton-to-democrats-dont-trivialize-gun-culture-86443.html#ixzz2IU5Vl3B3

WOW, JUST WOW
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Employed white male voters are such a small number of the electorate now Obama feels safe going after guns.  This is 20 years after Bill Clinton's day in the sun with a Democratic Congress.  

The thing is that no matter who wins an election or what law is passed those who wish to perpetuate tyranny are never safe.  That is the beauty of the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit I agree with Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Experience is the best teacher.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#11]
And blow jobs aren't  cheating, get busy Billy
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Slick Willy's right, but fuck that pompous prick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

"A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. "I know because I come from this world.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/bill-clinton-to-democrats-dont-trivialize-gun-culture-86443.html#ixzz2IU5Vl3B3

WOW, JUST WOW

"So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or
religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant
sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their
frustrations."

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#14]
someone must have pissed in his wheaties  

last i knew he was blowing obama and the same time fienstein was eating his ass
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Last year supposedly he was going to help with a new awb push

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Whatever

he can kiss my ass for the last AWB

Can everyone please take his cock out of your mouths because he sorta sounds pro gun when he
isn't.

Free
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully that will give some food for thought for the Libs.

In other news, this is my first Team Member post!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Gotta move to the middle for Hillary in 2016
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Honestly, I hope they ignore Clinton...  Would be the best thing for Repubs in years come 2014.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. "I know because I come from this world.

WOW, JUST WOW

"So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

I dont know what to say. Maybe a different agenda ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, they trashed his chances for being First Lady  with bengazi
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]
He's not being pro gun, but he's certainly raining on their parade. He's trying to be pragmatic. In other words he's saying now's not the time... they need to wait until they've got a big Democratic majority and they shouldn't shoot themselves in the foot during the midterms by taking on this issue. This issue is only going to energize the Republicans and conservatives. Anti-gun voters are rarely single issue voters in that regard. As we all know... most of us are. It hurts his party far more than it helps. Bubba is all about the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#23]
He is trying to protect Hillary's 2016 campaign. He knows he cut Al Gore's throat with the 94 AWB.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Honestly, I hope they ignore Clinton...  Would be the best thing for Repubs in years come 2014.

It might already be too late for them. We know what they'll do if they get the numbers. They've tipped their hand.

I don't want them to go for it on the off chance they actually get what they want.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#25]
If Bill Clinton is talking, Bill Clinton is lying.  

Don't get all warm and fuzzy for Bill.  He would take your guns in a second.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Obama makes me feel nostalgic for a Clinton presidency...

Just saying it makes my skin crawl, but its true. lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, too late for THAT one.  You can thank Pope Mario The Pious's kid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#28]
To me it seems that everyone skips to Bill's tune (on the dems side)... Which means that this could be pretty good news.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Obama makes me feel nostalgic for a Clinton presidency...

Just saying it makes my skin crawl, but its true. lol

Bill did a lot more to erode the 2A than Obama has accomplished.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Bill Clinton is nothing if not pragmatic.

His success as President (and don't argue that he wasn't successful, that won't wash) was due to him having the intelligence

and experience required to know what he could ask for and get support for, and what he could not.

He did not waste valuable political capital on pet ideas that would not be strongly supported.

I maintain that if Clinton had been a Republican instead of a Democrat, he would have been the greatest President of all time.

The man is SMART and has the ability to convince, persuade, and charm people into supporting him.   He used his charisma

and intelligence to great effect.

I'm just really glad that as it turned out,  the Clinton years did only limited harm to the country, instead of being REALLY bad.

He did some really horrible shit,  and there's no denying it (giving sensitive secrets to enemies is high on the list) but for

the most part he did his job very well.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Bill remembers November of 1994 vividly. It was effectively the end of his presidency. After a 57 seat swing in the house at the mid term, he spent the next 6 years embroiled in controversy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

His success as President (and don't argue that he wasn't successful, that won't wash) was due to him having the intelligence

and experience required to know what he could ask for and get support for, and what he could not.

He did not waste valuable political capital on pet ideas that would not be strongly supported.
I maintain that if Clinton had been a Republican instead of a Democrat, he would have been the greatest President of all time.

The man is SMART and has the ability to convince, persuade, and charm people into supporting him.   He used his charisma

I'm just really glad that as it turned out,  the Clinton years did only limited harm to the country, instead of being REALLY bad.
He did some really horrible shit,  and there's no denying it (giving sensitive secrets to enemies is high on the list) but for

CJ

Obama thinks Clinton pussed out.  He is out to reverse what Reagan did and put the US back on course to a Democrat-dominated welfare state.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

CJ

This.

He sent HIllary after the pet projects
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#34]
He just doesn't want to go to hell when he dies.....soon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

CJ

Agreed. I'm not saying that we should suddenly support Clinton, rather I'm suggesting that he is a h.u.g.e. leader for the Dems. But b/w this and Reid's anti-awb stance (said he wouldn't bring it to a vote), I'm thinking that things are looking up. Still need to watch out for legislation restricting magazine size, and push back in states legislatures.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Clinton is warning Obama and the Left that there is going to be.....trouble over gun control.

Is Obama listening?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

Agreed. I'm not saying that we should suddenly support Clinton, rather I'm suggesting that he is a h.u.g.e. leader for the Dems. But b/w this and Reid's anti-awb stance (said he wouldn't bring it to a vote), I'm thinking that things are looking up. Still need to watch out for legislation restricting magazine size, and push back in states legislatures.

When did he say this? Was this in the last month, or was this earlier? It's important because things have a way of changing. If he said this recently, we're pretty well good to go (this time). If it's not recently we're still hanging on to hope that he hasn't changed his mind or that he hasn't been paid off.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I am not really worried about the American white males.  The people that worry me is the pissed off Females who like to shoot.  Most gun owners can rationalize.  Females are an emotional bunch and you really do not wont to piss one off that can shoot.  So if Obama is not scared because the White Male population is decreasing he is about as sharp as a bowling bowl.  I know he is not in touch with the black community.  He is a damn fool if he thinks guns are a white male thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He is trying to protect Hillary's 2016 campaign. ...Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Clinton also proposed putting cops in schools.  

More than anything, he's talking directly to the 7 Senators who could end up losing their seats if they follow the Democratic herd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#41]
For as bad as Clinton was on guns, I always believed his attitude was that he would go "so far down that road, and then no further" on gun control.

Zero and his minions, OTOH, would go "all the way" if they could.

("People should always be allowed to own guns for defense." - Actual comment made by Bill Clinton, in his 1998 State of the Union address, IIRC).
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bro, that was not a good mental picture.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta move to the middle for Hillary in 2016

This. Hardly anybody here believes this but thee and me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck that, it's time to get it on like Donkey Kong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd like to buy that man a huge triple cheeseburger, super sized order of  fries, and a half gallon milk shake.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'd like to buy that man a huge triple cheeseburger, super sized order of  fries, and a half gallon milk shake.

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
(delete if dupe, just thought this seemed like a good read)

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/bill-clinton-to-democrats-dont-trivialize-gun-culture-86443.html

edit, best quote:
“Do not be self-congratulatory about how brave you for being for this” gun control push, he said. “The only brave people are the people who are going to lose their jobs if they vote with you.”

Bill Clinton is many things, stupid isn't one of them.  He did learn from his mistakes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Pretty much this.

Quoted:

He is trying to protect Hillary's 2016 campaign. He knows he cut Al Gore's throat with the 94 AWB.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top