Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/20/2007 8:14:50 PM EDT
Check out this quote:

When Larry King asked Clinton Thursday about gun control and Cho ' s rampage, he responded: "It wasn't really the gun laws." He added: "This case gives us the obligation to look at how our mental health system works."

Quoted from: www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1613177,00.html?xid=rss-topstories Time Magazine Article

I think I'll take my hunting shotgun out and wing-shoot me some hogs!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:17:56 PM EDT
He could say that he supports repealing the NFA and I still wouldn't trust the cocksucker.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:19:14 PM EDT

"This case gives us the obligation to look at how our mental health system works."

No, it doesn't.

Keep your nose out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:19:59 PM EDT
The Dems Fucking Commies are up to something, I swear.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2007 8:25:44 PM EDT by POOR_MAN]
this is proof the left is going to be pushing Universal health care.

oh well it could be worse.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:22:18 PM EDT
Oh, cut him a break. Its hard to put coherent sentences together when your every waking thought is about banging fat chicks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:22:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By POOR_MAN:
this is proof they left is going to be pushing Universal health care.

oh well it could be worse.

That was my first thought when I read the quote by Slick Willie.

IF his old hag gets in....we're fooked.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:24:30 PM EDT
It's a trap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:24:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NeedMoreAmmo:
The Dems Fucking Commies are up to something, I swear.

Yep, and apparently with the blessing of some gunowners, too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:25:26 PM EDT
They'll wait until AFTER '08 when they control EVERYTHING before they let loose with ban after ban after ban.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2007 8:40:52 PM EDT by BadgerArms]

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
It's a trap.

Reminds me of that Star Wars line... the fish-like Admiral... you know... Return of the Jedi... final attack scene...??? What... too geeky?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:37:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hellhound:

Originally Posted By POOR_MAN:
this is proof they left is going to be pushing Universal health care...
That was my first thought when I read the quote by Slick Willie...

My thoughts too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:38:12 PM EDT

It's a trap.

That was my exact thought when I read the title.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:40:59 PM EDT
No, he is not with us.

His reply is the left's playbook for this recent shooting. Expanding NICS to contain mental health info beyond that which already prohbits patients from possessing firearms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:41:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BadgerArms:

It's a trap.

www.starwars.com/databank/character/admiralackbar/img/movie_bg.jpg
Reminds me of that Star Wars line... the fish-like Admiral... you know... Return of the Jedi... final attack scene...??? What... too geeky?

Admiral Ackbar

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:41:45 PM EDT
*backs slowly away*...Its a trap!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:44:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:
He could say that he supports repealing the NFA and I still wouldn't trust the cocksucker.

+1000000000000000
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:45:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By racer934:
No, he is not with us.

His reply is the left's playbook for this recent shooting. Expanding NICS to contain mental health info beyond that which already prohbits patients from possessing firearms.

Could be or he knows it is a deal killer for the Dems and wants to stay off the issue until after the elections, or both..
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:47:53 PM EDT
Its all fine and dandy on the surface......

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:49:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:

... cocksucker.

... funny thing , cocksucker was the exact word that popped into my mind when I read the OP post; seriously.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:52:15 PM EDT

No, he is not with us.

I think that might happen as a result of this incident anyway. While we're all blasting the news polls, I haven't seen one yet that asks "should there be more scrutiny of prior mental health issues to process a firearms transaction?" ...It's coming... How do we think that would go? I don't want to sound like a defeatist, but I feel it's comin no matter how hard you, or I fight it.

I don't think NICS is Bill Clintons top priority right now. It's getting his superior elected.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:53:33 PM EDT
"It wasn't really the gun laws." IVe already screwed them beyond reproach He added: "This case gives us the obligation to look at how our mental health system works." Now it's time to add another whole new set of restrictions

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:57:31 PM EDT
Slick Willie had many faults, and was probably just as sociopathic as the shooter, but he was nothing if not pragmatic.

In that particular quote, he is right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:58:29 PM EDT
Going on nothing but gut feelings here but...

1. I don't think Bill really wants Hillary to win the general election.

2. The Dem president from 92 to 00 is going to look a lot better in the eyes of history than the Rep president from 00 to 08. Think the difference between Carter and Reagan.

I'll go back to drinking now...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:07:45 PM EDT
The Liberals are always scheming. The Liberals have already used our tax dollars to fund a "study" that "proves" that conservatism (and by extension gun ownership) is a "mental illness."

Now imagine government run health care, including mental health care, in which the government has access to your health records and government physicians declare you "mentally ill" because you are a conservative and own guns. Once you have been declared mentally ill, (with just a little revamping of the mental health system) the government will be able to take away your guns.

It's really some amazing logic the Liberals have come up with:

You're mentally ill because you own a gun, therefore the government can take away your guns because you're mentally ill.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:17:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lu380:
They'll wait until AFTER '08 when they control EVERYTHING before they let loose with ban after ban after ban.

Bingo. Bill Clinton was one of the first to note that Gore lost in 2000 thanks to the NRA vote in Arkansas, Tennessee, and West Virginia. He doesn't want to rile up the peasants in flyover land until after November 2008.

It is about getting the Democrats back into power. Right now, gun control doesn't help that cause. It is amazing to see that the largest mass shooting in American history is not going to bring out a humungous wave of anti-Second Amendment legislation, but the Dems are HUNGRY for the White House.

Steve
Top Top