Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 1:32:54 PM EST
One factor that Democrats seem to love to bring up is how when Clinton left office he had a balanced budget and how once Bush took office, he shot it to hell.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that Clinton's "balanced budget" was based upon highly optimistic/unrealistic estimates of the growth of our economy and the subsequent future value of tax revenues over an extended amount of time...like 10-15 years.

Not to mention that the economy was already rapidly slowing down at the conclusion of his term...

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:35:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
One factor that Democrats seem to love to bring up is how when Clinton left office he had a balanced budget and how once Bush took office, he shot it to hell.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that Clinton's "balanced budget" was based upon highly optimistic/unrealistic estimates of the growth of our economy and the subsequent future value of tax revenues over an extended amount of time...like 10-15 years.

Not to mention that the economy was already rapidly slowing down at the conclusion of his term...

Thank you for your time.

They were based on the bubble economy and were never real… it is as simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:41:43 PM EST
Democrat formula------Taxes+Medicare+SocialSecurity=Surplus.

Those on the right are not allowed to use the Mediscare and SocialSickurity in the equation and therefore always get a huge deficit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:43:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
They were based on the bubble economy and were never real… it is as simple as that.

Yup...same goes for all those "lost" jobs...
Top Top