Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:57:20 PM EDT
I have seen a golden Lemur in a tree on Mt. Lemon in AZ while camping, and a chinchila trapped in the service manager booth at a car dealership at night while we were cleaning.

What have you seen?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My home town has a small population of ring-tailed cats that have been here for decades. You almost never see them, they're very good at hiding. I've only seen them twice, in both cases they were eating pecans in somebody's front yard in the early morning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
One time I was working security at best buy and a guy came in asking for beer. He was in the wrong place.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Bears in semi rural western washington
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
A badger in Karnes County.

Red wolf ID'd by a local biologist from video of my Dad's.  I am sure other's would disaggree, so I need to get a copy and send it out to the universities.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
fishing during a fall snow storm in the eastern sierras. father and i spotted a BIG black animal about a mile away climbing a mountain. it was on the opposite side of the lake. looked to be about the size of a moose, but there aren't any moose on this side of the sierras. all elk would have been in much lower elevations down in long valley (you see them and pass them driving up highway 395). we watched this thing for a good hour and a half as it slowly made its way up over the crest of the mountain. judging it's size was difficult from that far away, but it was obviously big and easy to make out considering the animal itself was dark and walking across a snow patch. couldn't make out whether it was bipedal or not.

concluded that it was either bigfoot himself, or a 700lb bear. in either case, it was something we did not want to encounter.

could it be the last california grizzly?

ETA: Also seen coyotes in urban areas of los angeles. They live in and use the cement water channels (los angeles river and tributaries) to move about the city, eating people's cats and other pets. You'd be amazed at how many you see out on the streets after dark. Some of them can get to be pretty big too, encountered the largest one i've ever seen just last week while walking my dog.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Large flock of big bright green parrots in the east San Francisco bay area. City of Fremont.

ETA saw a pure black squirrel just down the block the other day. Never seen one before.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
A completely albino raccoon. My uncle later trapped it in trap and had it mounted.

I have also seen a albino skunk.

And of course deer in the middle of the city...who hasn't seen that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
My dogs were barking real loud late one night and I went to the sliding glass door to see what was going on and when I turned on the lights I was looking straight at a black bear and almost pissed my pants.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
My grandparents saw a baby black bear in their yard. They live VERY close to the largest mall in WV. They live in a nice area surrounded by woods but houses everywhere.

If their is a bear cub...mommy has to be somewhere. I usually bow hunt for deer were they saw the cub.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw a all white deer once. At first I thought it was a sheep or something & I was thinking wtf where did that come from. Then I got closer & it stood up & took off. Ghost deer
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Koi Carp and terapins the size of dinner plates (10") in the canal system of Great britain, Surprised they survive it being so cold here ( usually)
James,
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Yankees in North Florida. You can tell right away that those fuckers are out of place.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A badger in Karnes County.

Red wolf ID'd by a local biologist from video of my Dad's.  I am sure other's would disaggree, so I need to get a copy and send it out to the universities.

Get in touch with Chester Moore Jr. at Cryptokeeper.com he'd be interested in seeing your tape.

I've seen coyotes on Galveston  several times late at night. My buddy is a police officer and he has shot a few.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw bigfoot and chupacabra humping in the back of a used car lot once.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yankees in North Florida. You can tell right away that those fuckers are out of place.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw bigfoot and chupacabra humping in the back of a used car lot once.

hey, now... ugly people do bump uglies too.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top