Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2005 1:52:18 PM EDT
John Gibson just had a judge on his show on FOX.

Great guy, he said there are a few pecularities in Texas law the looters need to know about.

1. In Texas, homeowners and business owners have the RIGHT to use deadly force to protect their home or business.

And, 2.  The OPINIONS of the judges (from case law) is that gunowners have the right and responsibility to protect their neighborhoods when the police can not be there due to emergencies such as power outages and other reasons.

But then John Gibson said, well, evacuees beware.  When he should have said LOOTERS BEWARE.

The Judge also opined, that there would be NO GUN CONFISCATION in Texas because the culture there would not allow it.  At all.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That's it, I'm moving to TEXAS!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's it, I'm moving to TEXAS!

You shoulda moved here years ago.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Gibson also commented that those policies sound kind of "Draconian" and asked if there had been any court rulings or opinions that would stifle citizens willingness to use guns to protect their property and community.

The Judge said no.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The use of deadly force in Texas is warranted to protect:

Your life/safety.
Other's life/safety.
Your Property.
Other's Property.

simply a codified version of your natural right to life, liberty, and property.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If it wasnt so damn hot in TX i'd move there..
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
In NH, our state motto is "live free or die". I'm not sure what the Texas state motto is, but it should be "lock and load"

Good luck guys, if looters begin storming the wire you already know what to do.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Reminds me of the Charles Whitman shooting back in 1966.  The police had trouble returning his fire, so the armed citizens of Austin took up arms with them to try to help.  That was a different Austin, methinks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
overheard in a small texas town, names changed to protect the innocent.

texasblunek:  hey BC, is that a looter?

bigcountry_neartexas:  Yep, sure looks like one.

Texasblunek:  well shit, hold my beer and watch this.

bigcountry_neartexas:  you know, you dumbfuck, if you woulda just used theredsheeps patented beerholder, I wouldn't have to hold this beer.

texasblunek:  well fuck, just hold the damn thing while I pop that bitch.   bang.

bigcountry_neartexas:  shit, did you see his head explode.......

texasblunek:  yep, now, are these fajitas done.  Man I love cooking on God's gas...

TXL
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
John Gibson just had a judge on his show on FOX.

Great guy, he said there are a few pecularities in Texas law the looters need to know about.

1. In Texas, homeowners and business owners have the RIGHT to use deadly force to protect their home or business.

And, 2.  The OPINIONS of the judges (from case law) is that gunowners have the right and responsibility to protect their neighborhoods when the police can not be there due to emergencies such as power outages and other reasons.

TXL

that's regular law though, what happens if Texas or parts of Texas goes under martial law?  Just asking.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Gibson also commented that those policies sound kind of "Draconian" and asked if there had been any court rulings or opinions that would stifle citizens willingness to use guns to protect their property and community.

The Judge said no.

I think it was in the early 90's here in good ole San Antone, when a business owner caught some pukes spray painting the side of his business.   One of the pukes was shot and killed.   That will be the last time that puke does that.   I go by that building everyday and it has yet to be tagged again.

Gibson and others might think it's draconian, and he has a right to his opinion, but don't mess with our shit, I have a right to protect it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#12]
[runs home to start loading mags]  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Reminds me of the Charles Whitman shooting back in 1966.  The police had trouble returning his fire, so the armed citizens of Austin took up arms with them to try to help.  That was a different Austin, methinks.

Without a doubt. But it still isn't smart to "mess with Texas."
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's to Texas!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Texas guys, is it true what Judge N said about TX law?

Citizens are back ups for police and therefore cannot be disarmed?

You also have the right to kill to protect your property if you are attacked? Isn't that what he said?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Good work Texas!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
"Hey bob, is that a looter?"

Bang.

"Not anymore."

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You also have the right to kill to protect your property if you are attacked? Isn't that what he said?

There is no way in hell the police will come by and try to disarm people who are not breaking the law.

I know alot of the local officers in my town, and they would not even think about arresting you if you shot an intruder or looter......because it is exactly what they would do if there was an intruder in their home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Should have been loaded already.... BAN HIM!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Texas is a great state, great people.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
"Hey bob, is that a looter?"

Bang.

"Nope."

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
As for "back ups" I am not aware. About your property, Yup. And, your car is considered an extension of your home, from what I understand.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think it was in the early 90's here in good ole San Antone, when a business owner caught some pukes spray painting the side of his business.   One of the pukes was shot and killed.   That will be the last time that puke does that.   I go by that building everyday and it has yet to be tagged again.

Where is that bldg?  I've heard that story before, but no one could tell me where the bldg was.

I moved here (just outside SA) in 98 post-mil.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have been loaded already.... BAN HIM!

SOME WERE LOADED!  SOME WERE LOADED!  I just have an excuse to load the rest now.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Just wait till FEMA takes charge (after the hurricane) and stars to confiscate guns.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Culebra and callaghan northeast corner.   They found the turds body in the field as he was running back to his low income turd breeding free rent apartment.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
It sounds like most of you want looters to come to your areas just so you can actually use your shiny rifles on something that moves.  Am I totally wrong?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It sounds like most of you want looters to come to your areas just so you can actually use your shiny rifles on something that moves.  Am I totally wrong?

Most of them aren't shiny. It ain't tactical.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#30]
isn't it also TX law that citizens can use deadly force to resist an unlawful arrest? aka, gun confiscation?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I LOVE MY STATE!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  But seriously, it sounds like the Texans in here are getting pumped up to finally be able to kill somebody.  Sad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  But seriously, it sounds like the Texans in here are getting pumped up to finally be able to kill somebody.  Sad.

My guess is that's just how Texans are....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it's sad for all of us not in Texas . . .
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Where'd you get this "if you are attacked" garbage?  That's not part of the law.

Property.  Period.

If it's not yours, dont pick it up.  It aint hard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking they are damn glad they don't live a couple of hundred miles to the east. Or maybe they just want to show the rest of the world how things SHOULD have been handled in NO. Most likely the bad guys have heard of these laws too and the good guys won't have to kill very many of them.

Either way, I agree with them.

Half Texan myself.... on my father's side...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Just wait till FEMA takes charge (after the hurricane) and stars to confiscate guns.  

FEMA does not have a law enforcement wing.

The confiscations were done at the behest and under the authority of the Governor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Dont be jealous maybe ya'll can have a cool hurricane someday too.

Edited For Spelling
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yep.  And when Gibson said' "You mean they can just pull a gun and shoot?" the Judge said, "They have the right to protect their property and shoot to kill. They also have the obligation to protect their neighborhood if the police are unable to be there."  It was just like the General and his "You're stuck on stupid" response to that newspaper reporter.  Gibson didn't have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#40]

You're right. But seriously, it sounds like the Texans in here are getting pumped up to finally be able to kill somebody. Sad.

Read this carefully, jquillen1985.

Looters, by definition, only exist in a breakdown of normal society.  Dissuading looters with the ultimate punishment is the ONLY reasonable answer.  Every civilized society in history has realized this.

Some here don't...

THAT is sad, and a huge indicator of the true problem:  

You and those like you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your just stuck on stupid.  We ain't want'en to kill anybody.  But we're mighty happy that the law sides with us rather than the looters.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#42]
GAWD I love it here!!!   God Bless Texas!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is that's just how Texans are....

If you mean having a low tolerance for thieves, rapists and murderers… Yes.

I also relish to the inevitable shrill pitched squeals of the sheep. Disdainful remarks about protecting yourself and your property highlight the difference between a free man and slaves of the welfare state.  May your chains weigh lightly upon you.

If you're whining because you are something other than a sheep… I promise that your grave will have a headstone and that the journey from here to there will be a quick one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

You're right. But seriously, it sounds like the Texans in here are getting pumped up to finally be able to kill somebody. Sad.

Read this carefully, jquillen1985.

Looters, by definition, only exist in a breakdown of normal society.  Dissuading looters with the ultimate punishment is the ONLY reasonable answer.  Every civilized society in history has realized this.

Some here don't...

THAT is sad, and a huge indicator of the true problem:  

You and those like you.

Looters are more than mere thieves-they're participating in anarchy.  Anarchy is way uncool, and looters must be dispatched in order to dissuade anarchy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I am not a Native Texan, but I got here as fast as I could!
All of my mags are loaded, even the C-mag!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#46]
This is why TX  is a kick ass state!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#47]
If you don't want to get shot, don't loot.  Sounds pretty reasonable.  It's actually quite easy to NOT get yourself shot in TX.  All you have to do is don't loot.

And for those who claim that looters are only looting for food and water, get real.  Even the poorest homless people can dig empty Gatorade bottles out of the trash and fill them up with water in a public bathroom prior to a storm.  A few hours of panhandling and they can easily afford a dozen cans of spaghetti-O's.  Everybody knows that a storm is coming, and there's no excuse for being unprepared for at least 3 days worth of food and water.

I hate to sound heartless, but people need to be more resourceful and think for themselves sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckin .

Another sad example of the pussification of the American male.

BTW,  jquillen1985. The village called. They want their victim back.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeeehaaaw!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone in Texas want to hire me (a native Texan) to watch over their house,? I will supply my own assault rifle, side arm, tactical knife, night vision and ammo!

ETA: I'll save you a steak for when you get home too!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top