Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 12:44:12 PM EDT
Got this today (edited for OPSEC):

Awaiting a detailed list of exact needs.

Would be a good opportunity for industry and folks with spare junk (Harris adapters) lying around to make a difference.

God knows those here know the stuff ain't cheap.

"Brian,

My name is Sgt. XXXXXX.  I am with 1ID's XXXXXX Inf xxxxxx section.  I got back from XXXXXXXX last XXXXXX and we are slated to XXXXXXXXX.  We have run into a serious problem obtaining parts we need severely to accomplish our mission when we go downrange.  As you know, we are a mechanized unit, so all sniper oriented stuff gets put on a back burner.  For example, we are going to the field for 43 days, yet we only get one range for our shooters to fire their MXXs.  Anyways,  the budget for our section is severely limited to what some higher officers think is mission essential to us.  These people usually have little knwledge, if any, of sniper preperations and the needs for sniper operations.  Our problem is the weapons for our team leaders.  Our assigened weapons are MXXA4's and the problem with them is that the barrel's are shot out, we cant get bipod adapters to connect the harris bipods, and we don't have any optics for these weapons.  We have tried multiple times to order new free floating barrels, bipod adapters, leupold mid range tactical scopes, and other things that would make a better weapon for our team leaders.  Every time we put in a supply request, it gets shot down in a hurry.  We can't even get bore guides and cleaning rods for our XXXs.  I don't want this to sound like a sob story,  but any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated.  The sniper community greatly appreciates all the good things you guys do.  Thanks for the support,

Sgt. XXXXXXXXXXXX"

The lads could use a hand up fellas (ladies) ...

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll donate cash.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hook 'em horns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me have youe paypal acct name and I'll send $100 right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the link to the donate page. Paypal info should be thereon.

americansnipers.org/donate.html

Thanks man. BK
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
That link wouldn't work for me.

I typed it in and send a donation.

Thanks for what your y'all are doing.

Edit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Just received this from the Sgt. ... some of this should be an easy write off for industry folk:

NEEDS

1. Upper receivers with free floating barrels and picatinny rail system. We would prefer 20" barrels but any will beat what we have now.

2. Optics for our M16's.  We have had our eye on the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T scope but anything with a 5.56 BDC built in would be great.                                                            

3. Scope risers for our M16's.                            

4. PEQ-2's or PAQ-4's.  All of ours have been deadlined for months, and there is no sign of them being fixed.

5. Any type of skeleton buttstock with a cheek pad.

6. Bipods and Bipod adapters for M16.

7. Reflex back up sights for M16.

8. Bore guides for MXX.  

9. One peice cleaning rods for MXX's. Any other cleaning items.

10. Assault packs designed to carry sniper load.

11. Gas buster charging handles

12. Laser Range Finders (Any)

13. Accu wedge

14. Bench vise

15. Folding front vertical grips

16. Drag bags
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for what your doing.

Thanks for the kind words but I have a dozen cops, 1 Marine, 1 Army guy, 1 SEAL and 1 SF dude working on this with me.

It ain't about us.

Best regards pal,

BK
AmericanSnipers.org

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Cash incoming!

Damn, now THAT made me feel good all over!

Brian, if there was a way to "Sponsor a Shot", that's to say a bullet with your name on it ("from"...not "to" if you get my drift) I think it would be a great fund raiser! Do you think people would donate to buy the shot that took out a terrorist?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Brian,

If you dont mind, could you PM me the name of the guy that sent you this and/or his actual unit?  When I was in 1ID, our snipers were the golden children of the division.  Those guys got whatever they wanted.  Hell, they were even running M68s on the M231s the shooters carried as break contact weapons. If they are hurting that bad for equipment, things must have done a complete 180 from when I was there

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey pal call me in the office tomorrow. I am damn skittish to the point of paranoid with their POC info.

We have had folks crash our site, threaten the guys and even the President (bad mistake).

Need to know who I am talking to.

The guy did mention that he is mech. We had the same prob with the Stryker's ... fwiw

They can get all of the crescent wrenches they want ... but not sniper kit.

Hit me tomorrow bro.

BK
409-983-8643 wk.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Brian, if there was a way to "Sponsor a Shot", that's to say a bullet with your name on it ("from"...not "to" if you get my drift) I think it would be a great fund raiser! Do you think people would donate to buy the shot that took out a terrorist?

Bro ... that is bad juju. I hear ya on the idea ... really do. I wish I were there with them at times.

Sucks being stuck here on the sidelines as the equipment manager when the team is on the field ...

However, putting 9/11 victim names on laser guided munitions ... is one thing.

Putting individual names on snipers bullets is quite another.

It would never fly given current ROE and would get our guys hammered if anyone found out we/they were doing something like that.

We will stick to the care packages and do what we can.

BK
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]
So my thread trying to draw attention to this one gets locked in 15 minutes.......

Y'all should be ashamed for not giving more support to this.....even if you can only provide lip service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Up again for a damn good cause.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Magazines, all over again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks kallnojoy

BK
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Can someone explain this post to me?

BK
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BK

During the Klinton Ban, the call went out to send high capacity magazines to our troops.

Remember, these mags were IRREPLACABLE.  Once in the military system, they would be GONE forever from the civilian supply.

In a patriotic fevor, many sent magazines, despite the fact that many military folks posted up how easy it is for active military units to get their own magazines through the system.

Luckily, the Ban sunset and we have new mags.

I certainly hope those units that got civilian mags really needed them, but who knows?

But who knows why snipers "need" floating barrels for their M16's.  I always understood the role for the M16 as the spotter's SHTF weapon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Patriotic BTT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BK

During the Klinton Ban, the call went out to send high capacity magazines to our troops.

Remember, these mags were IRREPLACABLE.  Once in the military system, they would be GONE forever from the civilian supply.

In a patriotic fevor, many sent magazines, despite the fact that many military folks posted up how easy it is for active military units to get their own magazines through the system.

Luckily, the Ban sunset and we have new mags.

I certainly hope those units that got civilian mags really needed them, but who knows?

But who knows why snipers "need" floating barrels for their M16's.  I always understood the role for the M16 as the spotter's SHTF weapon.

Can't find a better thread to shit in ?  

If you don't think these guys need what they're asking for, don't send a dime, and don't click the fucking link.....  YOUR problem solved.

Pretty simple now, wasn't it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Brian,

If you dont mind, could you PM me the name of the guy that sent you this and/or his actual unit?  When I was in 1ID, our snipers were the golden children of the division.  Those guys got whatever they wanted.  Hell, they were even running M68s on the M231s the shooters carried as break contact weapons. If they are hurting that bad for equipment, things must have done a complete 180 from when I was there

Thanks

NCPatrolAR ... Haven't heard from you if you tried to call.

Hey man I appreciate the feedback and I am sure your experience was your experience ... but the post kinda killed the thread dead in it's tracks, instilling doubt I would imagine. Might have been better in an IM.

Nobody is going to send a thing if they think there is some kind of scam going on.

In our experience (315 platoons of them). The need is real.

We not only support snipers but the DMS too and their needs are just as real, if not more so in some cases than the fully trained/qual'd snipers.

Otherwise ... I wouldn't waste my time and that of 12 flat foots, a Frog, a Green Beanie, a Jarhead and a Dogface who are assisting me with this effort.

BK

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:But who knows why snipers "need" floating barrels for their M16's.  I always understood the role for the M16 as the spotter's SHTF weapon.

I know why snipers need free floating barrels ... the same reason anyone else with an M16 wants a free floating barrel.

There are rifles commonly known as M16A4s, SAMRs and SPRs that are built on the M16 platform ... they are purpose built SWS.

May be a thread on them around here somewhere ...

Some guys in the know ... would like the accuracy enhancing benefit of a free floated barrel for their 16 if their unit was not lucky enough to get any of the SAMR/SPRs.

I know it's mind boggling.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I know.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#26]
That really makes me mad.  When our soldiers are getting killed, the guys that can make a difference can't seem to get the right equipment in a timely manner and have to go begging for equipment.  The USA is pour billions and billons of dollars down that $hithole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#27]
It is a military logistical problem. Not a political one.

The money is there but it is up to the individual COs on how it's spent.

Tanks will get tracks and hummers will get armor (Not that they do not need these items too) ... before snipers get scopes/magazines/body armor specifically designed for them.

However, no one immediately above them with the authority to effect change ... is listening to our shooters. Plain and simple.

They are ignorant and/or apathetic to the specialized needs of snipers and designated marksmen.

Tough to fix that.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a carry handle scope mount, a handguard bipod adapter and a harris-clone bipod that has one of its support wires missing, it works but could be bent easily. Can anyone use this stuff?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#29]
The mount and adapter would be great. Very much needed.

And not to sound like a butt head ... but they have plenty of broken bipods

Thanks very much bro.

BK
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#30]
where do I send it?

ETA: nvm, found the website
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#31]
americansnipers.org/items.html

Scroll down to any of the guys there on the left.

Thanks very much.

BK
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#32]
is there any way you could pass along wether or not this 1ID guy was in germany or kansas, im with 1st bde in ks and i have a bunch of the stuff he's asking for sitting in my arms room, and a bit of it is class 9 that i could just hand reciet to him, and i have some of the other items sitting around in my house (optics and thre like) taht i could pass right to him.

i'm not doubting it, but like was said, they are the golden kids, and i know we just recieved a shitload of rfi sniper equipment, even including leupold spotting scopes ( and im in an artillery unit)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Germany.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey bro if you are serious about helping him ... hit me offline with a us.army email address and we can cut it up.

Best,

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#35]
BTT-do it for the children.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Free bump because Brian rocks, and this shit's something WE can do !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top