Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 11:55:42 AM EDT
I have narrowed it down either a
Armalite 1'n'8 24" Stainless Upper from Sportsmans Supply

or a

DPMS 24" Stainless Fluted upper

Opinion on either b4 I spend my $$$ are appreciated...
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Fluted barrels always look sweet.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fluted barrels always look sweet.

radioman
View Quote

Assuming I percieve your sarcasm right, fuck off.
Some people just don't get anything that goes into the theoretical...

Like the Browing BOSS system is over some peopes heads...

Like cryo-accurizing makes no sense to people..

If you don't think that a cool barrel is a good thing, you are a bonehead.

And yeah. I read that thread too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard call.  This may really get into the area of luck (Did you get a good barrel) as both are tough to beat.  I had a 20" bull upper from DPMS, and it was sub MOA all day long.  They used Wilson blanks last time I checked.  Then there's Armalite.  I have a couple AR10s.  I know it's not the same thing, but I've never heard of anyone complaining about the barrels they slap on their guns, regardless of calibers.  Honestly, just one guys opinion, the one reason I'd go with Armalite is you probably have a slightly better chance of getting that "good barrel" with them.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top