Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 10:11:06 AM EDT
I f#$%ing HATE UPS!

Ordered a case of slugs from Ammoman on Monday.  E-mail notice from UPS later this week says the delivery date will be Friday - awesome!

Then I remember, it's coming via UPS.  UPS inevitably screws up around here.

And they did.  Package arrived locally yesterday, and the system was updated as "Out for Delivery".  This makes not [b]ONE[/b] damn bit of sense.  Clarification from UPS later reveals that when it arrived, the driver who handles my area was out on delivery, so my package was updated with this information so that it would be "loaded up first thing in the morning."

WTF?!?  Is it just me, or does that not exactly sound like a particularly bright way to handle a tracking system?

Anyway, at 1pm I checked the status again.  This time, it's "Receiver Moved, Not Delivered".

[>(]

Time to start gathering information so I can find out who to bitch at the loudest.

A quick call to UPS, and they say that whoever the driver spoke with said I had moved.  Well, my fiancé is at home, EXPECTING THE PACKAGE.  The likelihood of her saying that I have moved?  Nil.

UPS-plebe says they will try to deliver again on Monday.  They are then promptly told something along the lines of "the hell you will".

UPS-dork then reverts to the "well, someone told the driver you no longer live there."  UPS-jerk is then asked to hold.

I conference in my fiancé, who is AT HOME, WHERE NO KNOCKS TO THE DOOR HAVE OCCURRED.

Capt. Dumbass of UPS then says he'll send a message to the dispatch center.

What Maj. Moron at UPS DOESN'T know, is that I WILL get my package delivered today, one way or the other.  [pissed]

Delivery companies with advanced tracking software never seem to deliver on time, yet still manage to stay in business.  Discuss amongst yourselves.

[soapbox]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know reject, it might just be the management at your local ups.  I know my driver well and have never had a problem with deliveries.  One time I was having a computer delivered and he didn't want to leave it at my house since I wasn't home.  He knows where I work so he went out of his way to bring it by work for me.  Now those pricks at Fed-up are another story.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Now those pricks at Fed-up are another story.
View Quote

If it had been sent via those pricks at FedEx, it would have been stolen, plain and simple.

FedEx here is worse than UPS.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know reject, it ...
View Quote

I hadn't looked at his username when I read this...I thought you were just being a jerk!!  LOL, that's funny.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I generally get good service from UPS. Heck, the regular driver (a cute little blonde) even knows to leave stuff by the back door.

Maybe you can pick up your package at the UPS distribution center after the driver checks back in at the end of the day. I've done that a couple times, though it was with FedEx IIRC. Good luck. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hadn't looked at his username when I read this...I thought you were just being a jerk!!  LOL, that's funny.
View Quote

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up...  [:)]

What can I say, it's a handle I've been using for over 10 years, ever since the good ol' DOS and BBS days...

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.awebplus.com/ups-sucks/[/url]

[;)]

Actually, I've gotten good service from UPS over the years.  Good luck getting your slugs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Got off the phone with someone at the dispatch place.  Apparently the story runs like this:

I ordered some shop manuals for my fiancé's Mercedes-Benz 240D last week.  They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the driver spoke with some guy apparently at my address who said I no longer lived there.

Now, this presents an interesting counter-argument.  No one was home yesterday.  At all.  No one lives in my apartment other than me and my fiancé.  If I'm not there, UPS is supposed to leave the packages in the leasing office.

Cut back to today, the driver sees a package going to the same address and assumes that I've still "moved" or whatever.  Doesn't even attempt delivery.

Apparently I was able to squeeze the right set of balls, and my slugs are due for delivery at 5:30PM.  We'll see on that one.

As far as the other package?  It was either returned to sender, or it is sitting at the distrobution center.  Who knows.  UPS is attempting to track it down.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#9]
heh guess the bunch here in my area use the system intellgently. it doesnt show "OFD" until its on the truck. unfortuanly they like to try to deliver Signitaure required packages at 1 pm when people are still at work.. smart on the tracking dumb on the delivery.. ohwell. its so fun to harrasss them and get them to bend over backward while you ram a pole down their throats to keep them from bending over [;)] the usual UPS driver leaves the package anyhow as he knows us. but its the temps then never do. we are also somthin of a running joke with UPS in my area. moved 6 times or so in the same town. (dad builds houses) if one guy has a package for us and we've moved he passes it on the the right driver. Driver1 : hey i got Mr Nova5's package.  Driver2 : he lives on my route now i'll take it.

hehe...
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live in an apartment.  The other day, no one was home, so the dumb driver leaves a single box of ammo on the doorstep, clearly marked "Adult Signature Required"

So, after work, I had to go pick up about 140# worth of ammo that the bastard wouldn't leave with me at my apartment.
View Quote

I feel your pain...  And if there isn't anything more annoying than going to the leasing office to pick up a heavy package of ammo clearly marked with the "Danger, Warning, etc." stickers clearly stating what the contents are for all the world to see.

Thanks, UPS.  I really like the people I'm leasing my apartment from to know that I'm purchasing MASS QUANTITIES OF AMMUNITION AND STORING IT IN MY APARTMENT.

I appreciate it.  Really.  [rolleyes]

Metro Atlanta area around here is just a bit too liberal for that, ya know?

Sheesh.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
heh guess the bunch here in my area use the system intellgently.
View Quote

That's what I used to say.  Look what happens now!  [;)]

the_reject
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top