Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 11:57:07 AM EDT
Like the title says, is $450 a decent price for a Cannondale Super V 700?

The only thing I could see wrong with it were some nicks on the LH side of the tube that runs from the fork head down to the pedals, about 2 or 3 inches below the water bottle holder.

Other than that, it seems to be in great shape. No cracks, anywhere.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:59:40 AM EDT
What kind of components?  Shimano LX, XT, XTR, gripshift, mix-and-match?  Disc brakes?  What kind of rims?

If It was LX and up on the components I would say it is a good deal, just make sure it is the correct frame to fit you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:00:43 PM EDT
New the bike was somewhere $1900.00, if the suspension works and isn't leaking it is probably worth the cost.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:01:21 PM EDT
Yes.  More important is drive train wear.  Many abuse the chain, this is a $20 replacement part.  The pitch is in inches, 1/8" "stretch" over 20" requires replacement.  If more than 1/4", chances are the sprockets are worn out.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:10:56 PM EDT
Tried their website , search not functioning , is it road bike , hybrid , what ? , that would make a difference in the componets ,

ie ; price
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2011 1:29:57 PM EDT by Gone_Shootin]
I'm not sure exactly what model of shifters it has (not at the pawn shop that has it now), but they are Shimano, have a little window with a bright orange indicator on each one & they have separate levers for shifting up & down.

It doesn't have disc brakes & the brake lever housings say "servo" something or other on them.

The rims look like they're alloy, but didn't look for any branding on them. Oh yeah & they're 26".

And when I sat on it I seemed about right for size, except that I will have to lower the seat a little bit. I'm 5'9" but have short arms & legs for the size of my torso.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:22:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rustybelly:
Tried their website , search not functioning , is it road bike , hybrid , what ? , that would make a difference in the componets ,

ie ; price

Just Google it.

It's a full suspension mountain bike that has been out of production for several years.

And from what I could find out, the new retail was anywhere from $1500 to $2000.

But the used values were all over the place, which is why I asked here.

Top Top