Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2002 1:21:53 PM EDT
can some one post a pic of one i want ot see what they are using...are they all .22LR'S
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:30:15 PM EDT
Burn, just did a quick search on Yahoo and came up with this web-page. [url]http://www.targetshootingsupplies.com/Izhmash%20Competition%20Rimfire%20Rifles.htm#CM-2[/url] Check it out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:32:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:33:54 PM EDT
thanks....my next question is this on another post some one said the athletes can move the lever without taking there finger off the trigger did they mean bolt???
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:34:30 PM EDT
They are all .22 LR. Magazines of carried on the stock. I have not seen the clips of this year's matches. When I saw it they had turn bolt or straight pull actions. Heven't seen lever actions. Anschutz is the name in these types of rifles. They are quite pricey. Maybe their site would have some pictures. Only recently did an American wonder why everyone lugged a lot of stock around. He skeletoniized his stock to cut the weight. Now everyone has what they call "Finnish" stocks. (Think that's right.)
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:37:18 PM EDT
I think www.championshooterssupply.com sells them. I know they sell alot of anschutzes. BTW, I think they meant bolt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:42:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:45:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LongIslandShooter: I think [url]www.championshooterssupply.com[/url] sells them. I know they sell alot of anschutzes. BTW, I think they meant bolt.
View Quote
link power morphed and activated........ the idea behind the heavy rifle was that its mor accurate because its easier to hold still once you lock your joints.....or something to that effect
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:45:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:56:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BURN: thanks....my next question is this on another post some one said the athletes can move the lever without taking there finger off the trigger did they mean bolt???
View Quote
Burn, I made that comment. and No, I didn't mean bolt... When I was watching the Biathlon the commentators were talking about a new gun that some of the shooters had and it was a lever action. It seemed as if they pulled the trigger and left their index finger on the trigger and worked the lever with their middle and ring finger. It was neat, and fast too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2002 2:05:46 PM EDT by DK-Prof]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:17:06 PM EDT
Did you happen to notice the air brushed art work on the 10K winners gun today, it was a cheetah, very cool (but not as cool as the usa mens sno-board with the coffin/born to kill art work !!)
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:24:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By doorgunner84:
Originally Posted By BURN: thanks....my next question is this on another post some one said the athletes can move the lever without taking there finger off the trigger did they mean bolt???
View Quote
Burn, I made that comment. and No, I didn't mean bolt... When I was watching the Biathlon the commentators were talking about a new gun that some of the shooters had and it was a lever action. It seemed as if they pulled the trigger and left their index finger on the trigger and worked the lever with their middle and ring finger. It was neat, and fast too.
View Quote
I think what you are talking about is a straight-pull (fortner) bolt. Keep in mind that for these .22 rifles, the pull is very short. I have a Feinwerkbau .22 target rifle (similar to Anschuetz, but slightly better IMHO), and even thought the bolt is NOT straight-pull, I can still operate it with one finger. With a straight-pull, this is so much easier. Oh - I just re-read your post, and realize that I have no idea of what you are describing. They operated the action with their middle and ring finger, without moving their trigger finger? Wow - that sounds neat. I didn't notice that when I saw the coverage yesterday and the day before. I hope they show more, because that sounds realyl cool.
View Quote
DK- Nope, he means lever. There is a new action that a couple of them have. Russian? I think? It is a lever action based on the pistol grip. By moving the grip forward a linkage extracts and cocks the sear. Moving the grip back into firing position feeds a cartridge and closes the bolt. A GREAT idea since neither your hand or trigger finger change position. HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:41:15 PM EDT
I live and train (X- country skiing, mountain biking) near Canmore (Site of the 88 Olympic X-country ski events) and have personally seen a lot of biathlon skiers train. The gun to which you are referring has a pistol grip (that’s right, Janet Reno would hate it) that moves for and aft in a rocking motion to chamber a fresh round.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:42:41 PM EDT
I should add that these specific type of guns a rare bread in the sport. I have seen them though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:45:52 PM EDT
Bling bling! [img]http://www.championshooters.com/1907_2213.JPG[/img] Also available gold plated, for those biathletes that shoot their weapons canted at a 90 degree angle. Viper Out
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:12:19 PM EDT
Two things, in case anyone didn't already know: 1)there's now a summer time biathalon. One runs instead of skiing. 2) Marlin makes two models of these type rifles for us working-types. I own the model 2000L & cannot believe the accuracy!!! Pictures are on their web site, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:43:23 PM EDT
Need to ban these! Who the hell needs guns like these? They serve no use to the regular folks in the country....hehehehehehe [BD]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:02:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole: Two things, in case anyone didn't already know: 1)there's now a summer time biathalon. One runs instead of skiing. 2) Marlin makes two models of these type rifles for us working-types. I own the model 2000L & cannot believe the accuracy!!! Pictures are on their web site, I'm sure.
View Quote
Although, as I understand it, the summer biathletes don't carry their rifles with them, correct?
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:31:33 AM EDT
You know I was sitting here drinking my coffee and I just thought of something..... I'm surprised that the tree huggers don't go nuts about the brass that falls on the ground from these things! You'd think if they were at the top of their game they'd be on it like stink on shit.... Next winter Olympics I bet they have brass catchers on them....
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:01:25 AM EDT
BobCole, I also have those Marlins and they're great. I used the old kevlar Blue Marlin 2000 for 3 postion years ago, and I just picked up the 2000L. I too can't believe just what good shooters those weapons are. I'm pleased and would recomend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:34:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Steelviper: Bling bling! [img]http://www.championshooters.com/1907_2213.JPG[/img] Also available gold plated, for those biathletes that shoot their weapons canted at a 90 degree angle. Viper Out
View Quote
This is a free rifle. The gold plated ones they give to the gold medal winners for using an Anschutz.
Top Top