Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2001 6:42:55 AM EDT
I ran into a guy who is wanting to sell a Beta C Mag.  Price is a bit steep at $300, but it would be worth it if it is legal to own.  It is my understanding that no dealer will sell a new unit to a pivate citizen, but are some of these things floating around pre ban that make them legal to own?  Are these things date stamped?  Any advice is well taken.  Love my sport, but don't want to jeopardize my freedom.

Thanks

Cope
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They are legal if they are preban, like 30 rd mags. $300 is a good price if it works. They each have a serial number, like a gun, so I suppose you could check the date. Every AR owner should have one.  I just took a look at a C-mag box and it says "manufactured prior to Sept. 1994" right on the label. The serial number is printed there too. You might have to take the box with you if you go to a public range.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I use to see them at gun shows.

The first time I saw one in action it jammed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2001 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine from www.dealernfa.com.  $389.00 and worth every penny, ah er, dollar.  Mine has never jammed.  Get one if you can.
Link Posted: 1/29/2001 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you come across a used one at a gunshow, make sure its not
marked for "law enforcement, export or government use only"
or "post 9-13-94"
These C mag's work perfect in my experiences, I have one
and it worked/fed perfect in a
COLT and Bushmaster,
and the nice advantage is that
you can store them loaded for an
indefenite amount of time.
If it was preban $300 was a great price.

There is a good amount of preban 5.56/.223 models in circulation that anyone can own.
But the 9mm Cmags are all Postban (leo, gov, export only).

Oh yeah, if you want to buy one
www.dealernfa.com,
Ruben Mendiola is your best bet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top