Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 11:16:27 AM EDT
At the beginning of the basketball season, a buddy and I made a thousand dollar bet. He's a big time Sacramento Kings fan and I'm a Lakers fan. The bet went like this:

We both assumed that our teams would meet in the conference finals. Winner of the finals wins the thousand bucks. As the season went on and there was a chance the Lakers wouldn't make the play-offs, we amended the bet. The team that went the furthest in the play-offs would win the bet. Meaning, if the Kings make the play-offs and the Lakers didn't, he would automatically win. Likewise, if the Kings made it to the second round and the Lakers didn't, then he would win and so on.

Well, as most of you know, both teams lost in the semi round. The Lakers lost to San Antonio, 4-2. The Kings lost to Dallas, 4-3. I declared our bet a draw because both teams lost in the second round. My bud contends that since his team won one game than mine did, he should be the winner of the 1k. We're still fighting over this. I contend that neither one of our teams made it any further than the second round, it should be a draw.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do you think?
View Quote

Ghetto Hockey
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Who cares about tha gangsta hoopas.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[LOLabove][LOLabove][LOLabove]  YES!!!

Sounds to me that you intended the bet to be based on on how far meaning how many rounds they went into the play-offs.  If so then you'd tie since they both tanked in the same round.  

If your buddy intended how many play-off games they each won then no tie, you loose.  

$1000 bets are never a good idea between friends unless $1000 to you is like $10 to the rest of us po' folk.
View Quote

The wording was, "The team who advances the furthest." In this case, it's a tie.

And no, we usually do not make thousand dollar bets. I'm from Southern Cali and he's from Sac. This is the only sticking point in our friendship. Kinda funny, actually.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
dude, you both got owned.  however, the fact that his team lost four games to the Mavs means:
YOU WON...

no offense to the turncoat homoerotic Mavs fans who pretend that they have ALWAYS loved the Mavs, but loosing four to the Spurs is rough, but four to the Mavs is sad.

i've seen those loosers off the basketball court and they are the most arrogant honkies basketball the world has ever known. so much for the "cracked out thugs" statements about african americans in basketball.

i will laugh when the Spurs dominate the drunkard cock smokers of Dallas.

yeah, you won the bet my friend, you won.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
"The team who advances the furthest."

Well, look at it this way, the lakers ADVANCED to the 6th game of the semis.  The Kings ADVANCED to the 7th game of the semis. The Kings went one game FURTHER than the lakers.

And yes I live in Sacto
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
and they still got nailed in the chocolate starfish. the end. (of their seasons)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top