Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2010 11:29:22 PM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

Dear God, please give us back Freddie Mercury. In exchange, you may take Justin Bieber.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen....

- Clint
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in line at an FYE movie store yesterday, and there was a life-sized thing of Bieber.  Behind it was a woman browsing DVD's, and I swear to god they looked identical.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was in line at an FYE movie store yesterday, and there was a life-sized thing of Bieber.  Behind it was a woman browsing DVD's, and I swear to god they looked identical.

Life sized? It was only 3' tall?
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking masterpiece. Intelligent use of of harmony, counterpoint, rhythm.

A dead genre. What a shame.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Life sized? It was only 3' tall?

Now that you mention it, I dunno.

I love this from the wikipedia entry for the song:

The song's producer, Roy Thomas Baker, related how Mercury once played the opening ballad section on the piano for him: "He played the beginning on the piano, then stopped and said, 'And this is where the opera section comes in!' Then we went out to eat dinner."

Reminds me of the one about Hendrix on All Along the Watchtower:

Bongiovi recalled, "Recording these new ideas meant he would have to erase something. In the weeks prior to the mixing, we had already recorded a number of overdubs, wiping track after track. [Hendrix] kept saying, ‘I think I hear it a little bit differently.’”

We used to celebrate giants in the recording industry.  Now the "artists" are just barbie dolls held up by stylists, makeup artists, special effects, songwriters, voice coaches, producers, etc.  Half of modern musicians could walk on to a stage having first heard their set three days earlier and give as sincere a performance as any they usually do.

I'm keeping an eye on Sara Bareilles, she has a uniquely genuine approach to music, and the education, intelligence, and talent to create true works of art.  Needs a little experience, but her compositions and arrangements are very richly layered, and her lyrics have an unusual literacy to them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Amen. Mercury was much less faggy than Bieber could ever hope to be.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of "BOOM HEADSHOT" I now say "COBAINED!"

*Back to Fallout New Vegas*
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#9]
They just don't make rock musicians like they used to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top