Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/26/2004 12:54:26 PM EST
I thought it might be handy to post our experiences with various companies, especially those gun-related ones, who had given us particularly good customer service, or particularly bad.

I'll start:

HP-Compaq
HP-compaq gave me an awesome story last year....
An ipaq of mine died on a friday.
Monday morning, they sent me a pick-up box.
Monday evening, it was picked up.
Tuesday, it was repaired.
Wednesday, it was back in my hands, like new....

Leupold

I have had a set of Leupold "Olympic" binoculars, 10x50, for 2 years.

Due to the impressive (for the cost) optics, my dad bought a set, too.

Due to a design flaw, the right eyecup twisted off, on both pairs.

They were sent back, and Leupold replaced both of them, no questions asked, with brand new binoculars.

Model 1 Sales

No comment. If you can't say anything nice.....

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

During the M1S fiasco, UPS spent untold hours tracking down my claim. They weren't always speedy on calling me back, but I'll have to give them credit for the time they spent on my claim, especially since they had fulfilled their obligation to deliver the package. Further, they've always been able to find my house, all the places I have lived, where fedex has fell short many times in this department.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:01:26 PM EST
Worst: Benelli. They will not give dealer pricing to a new FFL Dealer unless they come inspect your storefront, and you MUST have a storefront. AND They do not sell through distributors. Pompous assholes (P.S. and they bought the beretta shotgun line from Beretta).

Don't have a gun-related best, though I've had excellent service from Sports South (distributor).
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:07:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 1:08:47 PM EST by MT_Pockets]
Best: Leupold ... They worked miracles during the Christmas Season so I could satify a Customer's request.

Worst:: Every Big Box Store I have been in...But hey...they have a lot of STUFF it is your fault if you can't locate it.

MT

+1 Sports South..great Distributor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:44:25 PM EST
Bushmaster always has left me smiling.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:11:53 PM EST

Firearm related best and worst customer service, eh?

Worst:

Magnum Research - Lying useless serial number changin' scam artists... They didn't bother exchanging the flawed Desert Eagle frame, they changed the serial number and said they replaced the frame... Too bad they didn't see my initials engraved in the mag well...

Best:

Bushmaster and ADCO... No matter what the request, they come through!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:37:45 PM EST
Absolute Best Customer Service Award goes to. . . .

. . . . the Civilian Marksmanship Program ( http://www.odcmp.com )

Great products at great prices and they bend over backwards to make people happy. They even sent me an e-mail warning that my affiliated organization membership expired.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:52:39 PM EST
Bushmaster was great to work with. Had a few dealings with Taurus
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:56:05 PM EST
LMT, I emailed chip told him I had a flat top upper with no lmt logo and no t numbers, he told me to send it to him and he send me back a bran new upper with all the trimmings, all I had to do was pay shipping both ways wcich was about 30$
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:10:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 8:13:47 PM EST by 556_Chowder]
The best for me was Ameetec Arms. The bolt catch in my Ameetec lower broke. I emailed Warren the next day and he had me bring it to his shop. He removed the broken piece and reinstalled a new bolt catch for free. I was in and out in 5 minutes. Awsome guy to work with.

The worst was Cable America. They got me to switch to them from Media Com by giving me their "free DVR promotion" they were offering to new customers who were switching over from other cable companies. For the next 3 months they charged me for the DVR service that I was supposed to be getting for free. Even though I had the carbon copy service order for the free DVR, the customer service reps would talk to me like I'm a liar when I would call in to question the "free DVR" charges. The field rep who sold me the "free DVR" called me on the fourth month and wanted to come pick up her DVR terminal because they dont really offer a "free DVR" promotion. I even called the field reps boss and told him what happened and he didnt even care.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:32:11 PM EST
The best customer service I have got is when the vendor could not meet my needs, and gave me the number to their competitor that could. One vendor got that sale, the original vendor got more than enough future business to make up for the singular loss. If you focus on customer service you will profit, it you focus on profit you will fail at both customer service and profit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:39:32 PM EST
worst customer service: verizon wireless
when moving from georgia to my homeland in the free state of Arizona I had to transfer my cell phone. well they move all the pending charges from my old number to my new one. then 2 months later I get a collections agency notice for the charges I already paid, but hadnt been cleared out of my old account. I call them, I go through 3 different people who dont know crap until I get to a supervisor who tells me she'll call me back. 5 days go by, no call. I call them and they say its all okie dokie, and I'm free and clear. untill a month goes by and I get another collections agency letter, and this thing goes on my credit report RAPING my credit score by 70 points for being a 4 month overdue collections account. and they are still being morons about it.

best customer service: clipdraw
had a clip draw on my roomies glock 27, went shooting and bam, the clip came off the slide and cut his forehead. the screws sheared off of the mount. he called it in, and they sent him a completely new kit plus the new stonger upgraded screws for his old one.

another case of great customer service: winchester
friend gets a value pack of .223 winchester varmint ammo from wally world. gets through 12 rounds and has one blow up in his AR. blew the mag apart, broke the extractor. sent rifle off to colt, send ammo off to winchester with pics of the rilfe. within 3 weeks there was a check for the repair costs on the rifle, and a new mag, plus a 500 round case of the value pack varmint ammo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:52:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:30:46 PM EST by WIgunnut]
Worst...Ive done pretty decent id say...BUT.... i did have a problem with Ameetec once...FFL and M.O. was sent someone didnt put it in the computer as paid and the FFL sat for almost 2 months..being the person i am, i gave it time knowing they were busy and waiting patiently for my order.Once my FFL holder finally made contact and it was varified that the M.O. had been sent with the signed FFL it was then the order was finally sent out...(2 friken mnths)and you know what...They didnt even send me anything extra with the order for messing up..My Dealer seemed a bit suprised too..I really do love my Ameetec product...but i think i should have recieved something for having to wait 2 months..Right???

As for BEST id have to say the fellow i just placed an order from goes by the name MT_ POCKETS very helpful actually worked at finding me the best deal on what i wanted he will for sure get more of my business
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:59:06 PM EST
Some of the best was when I ordered something for my AK from AA-OK. When I received the item, there was a handwritten note with it stating that I had overpaid by $10. Stapled to the note were 2 five dollar bills.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:00:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 10:01:18 PM EST by magnum_99]
Best?

This little "massage parlor/lingerie shop" in Georgia....
Top Top