Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 6:09:25 AM EDT
I've been using a Swan 50' water hose for the last couple of years, and its honestly the best hose I have ever used.  It never kinks, rolls easily onto the hanger, and has remained soft even in the sun.  So, I went ahead and bought another Swan hose, this time in 100' length.  I realize I just unrolled it from the package, but it has a lot of memory, kinks up in a few places, and doesn't roll worth a damn.  Any advice?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#1]
hook it up and leave it pressurized in the sun for a couple hours
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been using a Swan 50' water hose for the last couple of years, and its honestly the best hose I have ever used.  It never kinks, rolls easily onto the hanger, and has remained soft even in the sun.  So, I went ahead and bought another Swan hose, this time in 100' length.  I realize I just unrolled it from the package, but it has a lot of memory, kinks up in a few places, and doesn't roll worth a damn.  Any advice?

Maybe put a hose nozzle on the end and pressurize it for awhile or roll it up while full of water?
I dunno.

It may be worth cutting it in half and putting new couplings on it to connect together as needed. Two 50' hoses are a lot easier to handle than a 100'.
The hard part is finding high quality replacement couplings.
Anybody have any recommendations?
I need some myself, and the ones the stores here carry are Chinese junk. They fit poorly.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This...

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Untwist it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've been using a Swan 50' water hose for the last couple of years, and its honestly the best hose I have ever used. It never kinks, rolls easily onto the hanger, and has remained soft even in the sun. So, I went ahead and bought another Swan hose, this time in 100' length. I realize I just unrolled it from the package, but it has a lot of memory, kinks up in a few places, and doesn't roll worth a damn. Any advice?

Cut it up into more manageable sections.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This...

Yep.  In the sun, on the driveway....

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Yep.  In the sun, on the driveway....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top