Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 11:42:25 AM EDT
Yes I know they suck.

Should I setup the accounts with the same or different e-mail accounts? Does it matter for security reasons? Should I use my ISP e-mail or a throwaway yahoo acct?

Yes I know they suck.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#1]
throwaway
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
throwaway

The same or different accounts?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Everytime you use EBAY a cop tasers a puppy.

Think of the puppies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd say different ones just in case someone gets ahold of one of them, but I'm just paranoid on these matters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Ebay owns paypal, so it is real easy to set up both on the ebay site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd say different ones just in case someone gets ahold of one of them, but I'm just paranoid on these matters.

When you pay using PayPal does the receiving party see your e-mail and/or PayPal ID?

When you bid on eBay what info does the seller see?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
every thime you use ebay or paypal, your CC# is broadcast over teh net in a spam mail to 300 million users.  (and god kills a puppy)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
When you pay using PayPal does the receiving party see your e-mail and/or PayPal ID?: Yep.

When you bid on eBay what info does the seller see?: If you don't win, just your eBay ID, if you win, pretty much everything (email, ZIP, etc, etc - AND he can request eBay to forward him ALL of your info, including the address and TE number)

ETA: if the seller request that extra info from you, eBay will send you an email letting you know about it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When you pay using PayPal does the receiving party see your e-mail and/or PayPal ID?: Yep.

If your PayPal acct is tied to a CC do they see your CC#?

If your PayPal acct is tied to a bank account do they see your banking info?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your PayPal acct is tied to a CC do they see your CC#?

If your PayPal acct is tied to a bank account do they see your banking info?

No, absolutely not, they just know your name, rating (a PAyPal thingy), email and how you based your payment (echeck, cc, banking account or direct transfer), but they can never see the info on the bank account ot CC, they don't even know what Bank or CC company is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I read somewhere that you can only send a cumulative lifetime maximum of $2000 using PayPal that is  tied to a CC. After that you must "verify" with a checking account. That makes no sense. Is that correct?

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions. The PayPal and eBay FAQ's suck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#12]
No problem

I'm not sure on that... In my case, adding the CC was the process to get verified. (and I didn't send over $2000 -ot even close)

I'm not up to date on the limit you can send if you're unverified, at some point it was $700 I believe (or maybe that was for foreign accounts only)

Getting verified is a relatively easy process, and it involves either a CC or a banking account (they deposit 2 ridiculously low ammounts on your account and you have to enter those on your PayPal confirmation page or they charge you $1,95 on your CC and you have to type in the code that appears on your montly statement - also on your PayPal confirmation page)

Once you're verified, you can make payments using money you received from other people there, the CC or the bank account, (of course, you'd have to have the CC or the bank account on file to do it)

Since I don't have a US bank account, I only have my CC there, so I can just make CC and direct transfer payments.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks deimos.

Anyone else have anything to add.? TIA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top