Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:05:00 AM EDT
I have had some ants coming in to the kitchen and the master bath. I have a liquid bait type and a spray type ant killers and hope they work.
Anyone tried anything that works well for killing them all and keeping them from coming back?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 7:14:53 AM EDT by Outsider_10fp]

Originally Posted By TrojanFan:
I have had some ants coming in to the kitchen and the master bath. I have a liquid bait type and a spray type ant killers and hope they work.
Anyone tried anything that works well for killing them all and keeping them from coming back?

seriously, I'll go look in the shed for the stuff I use and get back to ya, I got it at wally world. Works fast and keeps em out for a few weeks or ontil you clean it up

Link to bayer stuff

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:08:51 AM EDT
Kill it with fire. I don't know how to post a picture.

This works if you use tracers.

Cursing at them screaming you sons a bitchs go the fuck away always works.

They sometimes go after old dried up food and crap like that maybe you should clean up a little or something.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:11:16 AM EDT
Boric acid you can get it at the hardware store. Dust their trails and ingress/egress points. The problem with ants is that you need to detrmine what kind they are if you are using baits. Some search for carbs while others search for protein. Once you figure out what type you have then you can choose the appropriate baits to use.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:14:01 AM EDT
They only come inside for food - they live outside

Cover all mounds outside with Amdro.
Spread Amdro around the foundation of your house where they are coming in.
Remove the food they have found, and vaccum up the ants that are inside.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:14:21 AM EDT
red rider and a 6k bottle of copperheads
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:15:24 AM EDT
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

(Actually, I'm not sure even that would get rid of them all.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:17:38 AM EDT
Beat off on them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT
Our house is kept very clean. I asked the pest control guy who wants a few hundred bucks to "get rid of them" and he said ants come inside for water since they have plenty of things to eat outside but need to come inside to get a fresh water source especially since we have been under major drought conditions this past year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:26:14 AM EDT
You know that ants feed on termites , right?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:43:08 AM EDT
I had some problems with carpenter ants in the attic years ago. I found an old can of theis military issued insecticide. It was a synergistic mix with two active ingerdients that made the concoction 10X more powerful. These ants didn't even do the kickin' chicken when sprayed. They died instantly. All of them.

Bilster
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 10:27:35 AM EDT by Manic_Moran]

Go natural..

NTM
Top Top