Posted: 8/29/2005 4:30:41 PM EDT
Well, gimme some advice, por favor!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Might try the FAL forum.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=7
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself an Outers 12ga mop.  Wet it with your solvent of choice, and then go to town on that gas tube.  Then, use 12 ga cleaning patches to remove the nastiness.

Since the mop is sized for a shotgun cleaning rod, you will either have to use a shotgun cleaning rod or use an adapter to get it to fit on a rifle cleaning rod.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself an Outers 12ga mop.  Wet it with your solvent of choice, and then go to town on that gas tube.  Then, use 12 ga cleaning patches to remove the nastiness.

Since the mop is sized for a shotgun cleaning rod, you will either have to use a shotgun cleaning rod or use an adapter to get it to fit on a rifle cleaning rod.

Enjoy.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

No scrubbing needed, i.e. a brush?

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the piston scraped it clean.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

No scrubbing needed, i.e. a brush?

I've never felt the need to use a brush, and seriously doubt that it would ever require it.

The metal that the gas tube is made of is probably much softer than barrel steel, and might be unduly abraded if you attempted to use a brush anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally, just use a nylon rifle brush, and swap out real good. Be double sure that you dry up as much of the solvent as you can, and don't CLP etc because it could carbonize and hang up the piston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top