Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 7:19:21 AM EDT
Rather than go thru my regular broker, can anybody suggest a place to purchase stocks online?  Any good points and bad points I should be aware of?  

Too many "penny stocks" out there just ripe for the pickin'!!!  Got to fund the next rifle purchase somehow (the way I pick stocks, it will probably be YOUR rifle, so let me help you with your next purchase!!).

Any help appreciated.

vmax84
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems a lot of us are using [url]www.buyandhold.com[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot!!!  You guys start thumbing thru your gun mags.....I'm here to help!!  Thanks again.

vmax84
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The big 3 are etrade.com, ameritrade.com, and datek.com.  I use datek.  Ameritrade and Datek are merging, fwiw.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had no problems with [url=www.Scottrade.com]Scottrade[/url].  $7 per trade, simple interface, streaming live quotes, charts, news, etc.  But the thing that sets them apart from the other brokers is that they have local offices all over the country, so making deposits or withdrawals is easy and fast.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rather than go thru my regular broker, can anybody suggest a place to purchase stocks online?  Any good points and bad points I should be aware of?  

Too many "penny stocks" out there just ripe for the pickin'!!!  Got to fund the next rifle purchase somehow (the way I pick stocks, it will probably be YOUR rifle, so let me help you with your next purchase!!).

Any help appreciated.

vmax84
View Quote

Speculating in penny stocks is a bad move, IMO, but to answer your question:

What is the "best broker?"  Well, there are many brokers out there because they are all different.  It depends on your investing style.  If you're going to do lots of trades, then you need low commissions.  If you like to analyze the hell out of a stock, then you'll need a pricier broker that offers those services.

Go to http://www.cyberinvest.com

See the section, "Looking for a broker?" on that page.  That web site has the most comprehensive reviews of the different online brokers that I've ever seen.  Also, they have some charts and summaries of the different services the various brokers offer so you can quickly find what you're looking for.  Search through there and make your pick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seems a lot of us are using [url]www.buyandhold.com[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

$14.99/month unlimited trades.....$6.99/month 2 trades, $2.99/trade after. Trades go in 3 times daily. Instant trade $14.99 each.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again.....lots of talent on this board!!

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top