Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 6:15:08 PM EDT
Looking for my teenage kids. They just found out about polarized anti-reflective eyeware when they picked up my "stupid" looking 8 year old Oakleys in attempt to make fun of me.  Now they are scraping their pennies together.

Is it still just Oakley?  Are Bolle and Wiley for the price comparable to Oakley.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Get real sunglasses.  Get Ray-Ban.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the best place to buy Oakleys..........Oakley has a strict policy about absolutely NO sales whatsoever.  If you are an Oakley dealer you will sell for MSRP or your dealership will get pulled.

Sunglass Hut stocks a variety of Oakley and more.  You may want to google them.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Wiley cant compare to Oakleys, there's a reason all the golf pros and shooters wear Oakleys for competition: almost zero optical distortion.  Wiley's have rather annoying distortion in some parts of the lens geometry, depending on model.

I think the polarized Oakleys are well worth it, and wear them whenever I'm driving or outside.  The only time I wear my Wileys is in dusty/windy environments, aka, the desert, because of the foam eyesocket seal. The Oakleys are also better styled, in my opinion, the Wileys are kinda dorky.

I've never owed Bolle.

Dont bother searching for a discount on Oakleys, you wont find one, they are VERY strict on making sure everyone charges the same price for their glasses. The most they can offer is free shipping and maybe some other little free things, but the basic price is always the same.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Bolle' = Bushnell, do the math...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's still just Oakley for optical clarity, all day comfort and impact protection.

That said, they are probably wasted on teenagers .

Ray Bans were the thing, back when they were an American company
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn, man, you're bringing me down
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, man, you're bringing me down

www.hoovers.com/luxottica-group-s.p.a./--ID__44642--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

Back when they were owned by B&L, those were the days...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That said, they are probably wasted on teenagers

Trust me, there are worse things that they can spend their money on.  Buying nice stuff and hopefully learning to take care of it is the next best thing to them not having any money.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Been using those for over a month now.. awesome stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
e-bay on the Oakleys... But, be very careful, make sure it's a dealer with lots of sales and a very high pos feedback.

I got my XX Polarized from some guy on there, they are real and they were new. I saved about $40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top