Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:36:32 PM EDT
Ol' Dert Dawber is starting to show her age, so it's time to replace a few body parts before I repaint her. Anyone have an online source of body parts (fenders, hoods, trim, etc.) that they can recommend?

A quick Google search turned up hundreds of suppliers (most with dirt-cheap prices), but none of them give you any clue about what how much they charge for shipping/handling/packing and other 'extras'. A lot of them don't even have a physical address.

Who's good, and who isn't?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
are you looking for new, or will good parts pulled from wrecks do?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Either new or pulled parts will do.

I've found several sites that will pull up a list of junkyards within X miles of your location that have the part, but their prices are considerably higher than most of the advertised brand-new prices. I realize that in some cases you might be getting a genuine OEM part (rather than a Chinese knock-off) from a junkyard, but still, used is used...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What model are you looking for parts for? Car? Truck? Jeep? What?

Find a good mag that specializes in your type of vehicle & look for ads in there, IMO. I found parts for my Toyota 4x4 truck that way. NIB parts, 1/3 the price of the OEM part.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What model are you looking for parts for? Car? Truck? Jeep? What?

Find a good mag that specializes in your type of vehicle & look for ads in there, IMO. I found parts for my Toyota 4x4 truck that way. NIB parts, 1/3 the price of the OEM part.

My .o2

What magazine are you referring to, if I may ask?  Thanks.  I need a few things for the old 89 4runner.

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Junkyard Dog

Used them several times.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/ Should be a one stop shop.  I've delt with them for years, wonderful people, and if your sales guy doesn't know the answer to a question, he'll connect you with somebody there that does.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What magazine are you referring to, if I may ask?  Thanks.  I need a few things for the old 89 4runner.

Brown's Toyota is who I used to use. They're known by another name these days.

For a 4Runner, get either a 4WD mag or one of those mini-truck custom rags & look for the ads.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top