Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2006 4:36:53 PM EDT
Im 19, and am about to buy a 2003 R6 used. 8k miles, bunch of upgrades, new tires, in immaculate condition. Gonna get it for $4700, but need insurance for it.

Progressive wants like $88-120 a month for theft/vandalism(comprehensive). Full coverage on a R6 at my age is outrageous.

Im gonna put frame sliders on her, and have experience (been riding an 01 bonneville since june- ALOT too), and will probably keep her inside my apartment(my roommates are pretty cool).

All im worried about is it getting stolen, or fucked up. I want to get reasonable theft coverage quotes, who has the best?

Ive tried geico and progressive.

Oh, I will post pics of this beauty when I get her!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Progressive, but my 1985 Honda Rebel 250 is only $81 per year.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have Progressive, but my 1985 Honda Rebel 250 is only $81 per year.  

Ya, I had similar priced coverage on the bonneville, but I need more speed/ cornering. I'm addicted to speed.

I just dont know where else is good, I was gonna look locally. This is my first time looking around so im not sure where to look for the best deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Geico if it's available in your area, Beat EVERYONE, including USAA by $2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!
I pay $749 full coverage with replacement on 2004 Honda CBR 1000RR
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
for what state farm wants for full coverage, I could be driving an S430 benz. I am 22, and looking at a gsxr1000, although I think I am going to wait  until I am out of college since I dont want to have an extra $300 a month bill.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
When you are young, single, and male sportbike insurance is insane.  I was quoted as much as $7800 a year through Progressive when I first got my bike.  A lot of insurance companies are pricks and won't even insure sportbikes, but will insure cruisers all day long.  When I was looking I found almost all major providers in that camp (Gayco, Nationwide, State Farm, etc.).  I got insured through a local yokel fly by night place until I got USAA, now I pay very little and get excellent coverage, couldn't be happier.  I take it your state doesn't require liability for motorcycles?  

ETA:  This was all when I lived in Vegas, insurance there is outrageous anyway.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
At 19, you're gonna get raped trying to insure an R6. Did you take an MSF course (it can help)?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
At 19, you're gonna get raped trying to insure an R6. Did you take an MSF course (it can help)?

Yes, took it last year I am fully endorsed in FL, and been riding off and on til about June, and have been riding daily since.

Plus, im at UCF and bikes get stolen daily, if not hourly in Orlando.

While were on the subject, any Orlando riders wanna meet up in the next few weeks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top