Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
Who has the best deals right now on M1As?  I am going to by one soon, but i want a standard no frills model.  Who is selling them the cheapest?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield Armory is about the cheapest as far as new but they have serious Q.C. problems and they are about out of USGI parts.You could go Fulton Armory for a new one but they sure aren't cheap and there's a long wait.I'd look for a older,used one.More or less.....

Newer the M1A=Less USGI parts
Older the M1A=More USGI parts

You should have no problem finding a used/like new one on the E.E.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just don't buy a fucking Norinco.  I can't see buying a truly American rifle built in a communist country.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just don't buy a fucking Norinco.  I can't see buying a truly American rifle built in a communist country.

Yep. There's absolutely no reason to buy a well-made, forged receiver battle rifle when you can buy one made in the good old US of A, by good old Springfield Aromry, complete with self-disassembling bolt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
chicoms are going to be the cheapest (if you can find em--they are around, but mostly used)

SA would be the cheapest NIB

LBR (they say, and i belive) makes some of the best M14 clones--for ~$2000
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dude.

M1A, not M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheap and M14/M1A do not go together
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Springfield Armory is about the cheapest as far as new but they have serious Q.C. problems and they are about out of USGI parts.You could go Fulton Armory for a new one but they sure aren't cheap and there's a long wait.I'd look for a older,used one.More or less.....

Newer the M1A=Less USGI parts
Older the M1A=More USGI parts

You should have no problem finding a used/like new one on the E.E.

What are the serial numbers and years?  I want one (just bought 6 mags from Armilite).

ETA: Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me re-phrase my question.  What is the price I shold expect to pay?  And I am not asking for retail price.  What is FFL price?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT??
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#11]
A clean polytech is gonna run about $600.

As long as the headspace is in spec it's likely to be a good shooter, quality is roughly equivelent to SAI.

It'll cost another $100 to shim the gas cylinder,replace the trigger, hammer and hammer spring assembly with M1 garand parts(better and cheaper than M-14 parts unless you've got an autosear), put on a USGI stock, handguard and flash supressor (a lug will cost more unless you get a repro FH) for 922r compliance. Then you need to check the headspace and fit a USGI bolt in it if it's too long, that's another $150 (for a complete bolt), and maybe replace the sights and springs, but many are good as-is.

That rifle will be functionally just as good as any service grade M1A. The receiver, trigger housing, oprod, barrel, and gas system are all first-rate on the polytechs. And you'll have a set of spares.

A used M1A with commercial parts will run about $1000.

M1As with GI parts seem to be running about $1200-1500.  All the springfield receivers are cast. The springfield may still need shims and troubleshooting. Occasionally you'll find one cheaper, but that's getting harder all the time now that a set of GI parts will bring $1000.

LRB makes the best, but they cost too much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top