Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:58:20 AM EDT
I was watching Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker on Comedy Central last night.  Man he is funny.  I also like the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was watching Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker on Comedy Central last night.  Man he is funny.  I also like the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

+1  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

+2

Don't forget George Carlin !
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats with all the hype about the Blue Collar Comedy Tour?  Maybe its cause I'm a city boy, but I don't get it.

As for the best comedian, gotta say Seinfeld.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
DAVE CHAPPELL!!!  Blue collar is good.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Wanda Sykes (sp?) cracks me up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
DAVE CHAPPELL!!!    

+1 bitches
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whats with all the hype about the Blue Collar Comedy Tour?  Maybe its cause I'm a city boy, but I don't get it.

+1
dumb redneck comedians making dumb redneck jokes are a dime a dozen. the next person i hear say "get 'er dunn" around me will be beaten to a bloody pulp.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't forget George Carlin !

That is the best ever.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am not a fan of Chris Rock.  He is just way to racist.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Sam Kenison was hillarious.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DAVE CHAPPELL!!! .

despite his disgusting political beliefs....i have to agree
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
dumb redneck comedians making dumb redneck jokes are a dime a dozen. the next person i hear say "get 'er dunn" around me will be beaten to a bloody pulp.

GET ER DONE
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

GET ER DONE

luckily for you typed words have no sound.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAVE CHAPPELL!!! .

despite his disgusting political beliefs....i have to agree

No kidding. I gave the plus one on him, but his politics are not good....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

GET ER DONE

Damn, to bad I dont have the time to find the .wav file.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Dane Coook, Dave Attel, dave chappell
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#17]
George Carlin.....very thought provoking
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Mitch Hedberg and Steven Wright are my favorites.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Larry Miller
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
It's a small world, but I'd hate to paint it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#21]
MITCH HEDBERG
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
It's a small world, but I'd hate to paint it.

I bought some used paint at the hardware store.  It was in the shape of a house.

I also bought some batteries, but they weren't included.  So I had to buy them again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I grew up in TN and TX and I can't stand that redneck shit. Give me late '70s early '80s George Carlin and Robin Williams.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
MITCH HEDBERG

teeheeeee...."you know what my favorite kinda cheese is?? Swiss...cuz u can draw it with a pencil and people know what it is..."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#25]
bill cosby's old stuff  (my parents have vinyl from when they were kids)  is the greatest

george carlin, robin williams

i like chris rock's stuff on men vs women  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#26]
George Carlin and Robin Williams are extremely funny and thought provoking. Unfortunately I cannot agree with their politics........very liberal, gun grabbers...

JM .02

archer2
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Chris Rock (great brutal honesty)  "feed me, fuck me, and shut the fuck up"
Lewis Black (great neurotic slap of reality) "regular moo-cow fuck milk"
George Carlin (more great honesty) "those are the heavy seven..."
The Original Kings of Comedy (just plain funny, all of them) "I'm from the old school, I'll kick a kid's ass!"
Steven Wright (best one-liners ever) "I'm living on a one-way dead end street....I don' t know how I ever got there"

GOOD STUFF!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sam Kenison was hillarious.

+1

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#29]
They call me "Tater Salad"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#30]
An escalator can never break down, it can only become stairs.  You might see a sign that says, "Sorry, Escalator temporairly stairs.  We are sorry for the convienience.  We apologize that you can still get up there."

I saw a jar of jellybeans, and there was this sign on the jar that said, "Guess how many, and you win the prize."  Awww C'mon man!  Lemme just have some!  I'll tell you what, you guess how many I want.  If you said 'a handful' you would be correct!

I opened a can of yogurt and on the bottom of the lid it said, "Please try again!" because they were having a contest I was unaware of.  At first I thought I had opened the yogurt wrong.  Maybe they were trying to encourage me.  "C'mon Mitch!  You can do it!  Try again!".  A little message of encouragement from your friends at Yoplait.  Fruit on the bottom, hope on top.

-Mitch Hedberg
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
An escalator can never break down, it can only become stairs.  You might see a sign that says, "Sorry, Escalator temporairly stairs.  We are sorry for the convienience.  We apologize that you can still get up there."

I saw a jar of jellybeans, and there was this sign on the jar that said, "Guess how many, and you win the prize."  Awww C'mon man!  Lemme just have some!  I'll tell you what, you guess how many I want.  If you said 'a handful' you would be correct!

I opened a can of yogurt and on the bottom of the lid it said, "Please try again!" because they were having a contest I was unaware of.  At first I thought I had opened the yogurt wrong.  Maybe they were trying to encourage me.  "C'mon Mitch!  You can do it!  Try again!".  A little message of encouragement from your friends at Yoplait.  Fruit on the bottom, hope on top.

-Mitch Hedberg

now that's some unfunny shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
George Carlin and Robin Williams are extremely funny and thought provoking. Unfortunately I cannot agree with their politics........very liberal, gun grabbers...

JM .02

archer2

Agreed. I generally disregard anything political that comes from entertainers or other "celebrity" types anyway though. I listen to them to be entertained, period.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
"Most states are trying to do away with the death penalty.  Hell, my state's adding an express lane."    
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

GET ER DONE

Damn, to bad I dont have the time to find the .wav file.

click here
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Goerge Carlin and Rodney Carrington!! Arvin
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I fuckin hate george carlin.

my favorites are rodney carrington, ron white, dane cook, dave attell, lewis black  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
George Carlin and Rodney Carrington!! Arvin

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Wanda Sykes? George Carlin? Chris Rock?  Some of you have no taste whatsoever.  I'm no longer surprised some of you sit when you pee.  

Carlos Mencia is number one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#39]
My top picks:

George Carlin
Eddie Izzard
Robert Schimmel
Billy Connolly

Runners up:
The Blue Collar guys
Steven Wright
Bill Cosby
Larry Miller
Sam Kennison
Denis Leary
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Wanda Sykes? George Carlin? Chris Rock?  Some of you have no taste whatsoever.  I'm no longer surprised some of you sit when you pee.  

Sitting down is kind of a given for me....

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I say Jaime Foxx!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Ron White
Larry the Cable guy
Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#43]
The majority of yous are giving credit to foul mouthed comedians.  A comedian doesn't need to curse in order to be funny.  I also watched some of Chris Rock last night, and im sorry I had to turn it off and that's because he had a speech impediment, seems like he couldn't begin speeking without saying the F word first.  Im sorry, but doesn't Eddie Murphy already have the copyright on the F word?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Ralphie May- funny as hell and supports the troops

Yes, that's him in front of one of Saddam's palaces during a USO tour. CLASSIC!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Rodney Carrington!!

+1.  
Is his new show worth watching?  Haven't seen it yet.  
Laughed 'till I cried at some of his early CD's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
 Im sorry, but doesn't Eddie Murphy already have the copyright on the F word?

No that would be either Redd Foxx or Richard Pryor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#47]
ARFCOM without a doubt. I have laughed more in the last month reading this board than I have in the last year. This is a funny place.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#48]
George Carlin is funny and an absolute classic. If you surveyed 100 comedians and asked them who they least wanted to follow on stage the most popular response would be him, because he is fantastic live. My top three would be this:
1. Gallagher- I know,kinda dorky but the best live show I ever saw was with him in St. Louis at the Fox Theatre.  I can remeber sitting in the 15th row and not getting anything from the sledge-o-matic. Then he pulls out a plate of Jello, and says" Now you people sitting in rows 12-20 are going to go home tonight and say, he didn't get me with nothing.......till he smacked that fvcking Jello!!!!"
2. George Carlin- read above
3. Sinbad- absolutely the funniest man alive, next to Cosby, that never cursed on stage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sitting down is kind of a given for me....

I wasn't referring to people with your type of plumbing.  (Although I am a big fan of it)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Ron White
Eddie Izzard
The guy who does "Uncle BS"
Robin Williams

And me, of course.  

Woody
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top