Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 5:52:30 AM EDT
Currently my department is issuing the Safariland Matrix lvl IIIA vest.  The vest is thick, bulky and all around uncomfortable.  

What are you guys wearing and what have you found to be the lightest, and most comfortable vest????

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
We currently are issued Gatorhawk vests.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to get flamed for this but I like my PACA.

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm going to get flamed for this but I like my PACA.

NorCal

Me too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I ditched my dept. issued PACA which contains Zylon/Spectra shield laminants.  Instead I have been wearing a U.S. Armor level III, all kevlar vest for the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Currently my department is issuing the Safariland Matrix lvl IIIA vest.  The vest is thick, bulky and all around uncomfortable.  

What are you guys wearing and what have you found to be the lightest, and most comfortable vest????

Our department issues us Safariland Zero-G Platinum vests. Very comfortable for everyday use.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
We are issued the LvlIII Point Blank Fusion vest in a tactical out shell and we also have Point Blank LvlIII Legacy's for UC work.

The Fusion is a ballistic vest and a stab/slash vest. The Legacy aimed more towards ballistics.

I love both vests!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top