Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:54:19 PM EDT
Looking for the best all around game/security type pole mounted camera. I'd like infrared and card back up.

I have power so a battery back up system would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2013 7:01:16 PM EDT by ackspac]
I Like the Wildgame brand cameras. Easy set up and not to expensive. .
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:02:53 PM EDT
Also, I guess it depends on where you mount it and its intended use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:09:23 PM EDT

Cheap $99.00 Bushnells from Walmart. Sd card, runs on 4 AAA batteries that last about 2 weeks. I get 150- 300 pics a night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:12:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ackspac:
Also, I guess it depends on where you mount it and its intended use.

Back end of my property needs eyes. I now have a new road coming in from the back and I want the piece of mind knowing that if someone breaks in to the shop, I'll at least have clues.

We also have a Panther prowling around I'd like to see.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:31:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:37:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Had same question today - so what did we decide ?

I'm looking to hang something on a light pole I have on the back end of my property, my first thought was a game camera but maybe there is something better?
Something I can pull the card if something happens and look back. I'm looking to spend a couple hundred but if there is something really cool and better, I'll up my budget.

Thanks all!

Off Topic: BTW, LaRue, I just bought an SR 15 and the guys in Lawmen's here in Vero Beach Florida told me to talk to you about an adapter for my handle style ACOG. I may just leave that on the AR it's on and get a whole new set up. I'll send you an IM as soon as I figure out what I want.
Top Top