Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 8:04:08 AM EDT by Smalls]
I'm a new homeowner and am getting my first used lawn mower and snow blower for free. They haven't been used in about 4 years and will probably need a tune up. I would like to be able to work on these engines myself. Is there a manual that you would suggest? I know Haynes and Chiltons have some manuals.

Should I get a hard copy or a digital copy?

Thanks!

ETA: I guess the lawn mower is a Toro with a 21" deck, and is self-propelled. Not sure on HP
yet...

UPDATE:

Well I picked it up. Its a TORO model no. 16402. Unforunately it looks like I will have to buy a repair manual. When I opened the gas tank it was bone dry. I took off the air filter and put the choke on. I put some gas in it and the gas started leaking out of the choke and out where the air filter would have been sitting. DOH!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:49:07 AM EDT
Which company made the engine? Is it a Briggs and Stratton or other type? That may make a decision easier.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:55:23 AM EDT
I won't know until later in the day when I pick it up. It's at my mother in-laws house. The info I provided earlier is all my mother in-law told my wife.

A model # would have been ideal!

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Briggs and Stratton Small engine repair manual is just a general repair manual. Just like a Chiltons or Haynes.
Top Top