Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:04:00 PM EDT
Anyone got any suggestions? I dont need all the movie channels, just all the sports, outdoor/fishing and HBO. Im paying $100 a month for cable right now and Im not even getting all that much. Does the satellite really go out when theres a storm?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:10:05 PM EDT
I have been with DirecTV since 1996. Great picture, great programming packages. 9 HBO channels. The only way to get the NFL package. HD package is so-so, but local HD channels are coming online soon.

The really hot setup is DirecTV with TIVO. Absolutely love it.

The dish sometimes goes out for a few minutes when you get a HEAVY rain, but then comes right back on. I also have basic cable as a backup.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:11:15 PM EDT
I used have used DirecTV and DISH Network I much prefer DISH and am using it now.

I have lost my Satellite signal 2 times this year during severe thunderstorms for about 5-10 min. or a fraction of the amount of time I lost cable service last year. Even with the occasional storm outage it has been my experience satellite has far less down time than cable did.

Switching to Satellite over cable saved me about $30 a month and I get better programming, better picture, and more reliable service.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:11:22 PM EDT
Thanks. I see now they also have Direct TV DVR, you get one free when you sign up plus $5 a month. Is that as good as Tivo?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:20:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigB1129:
Thanks. I see now they also have Direct TV DVR, you get one free when you sign up plus $5 a month. Is that as good as Tivo?

Dish has DVR's too, I have one. Go with Dish.
Top Top