Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2013 2:39:08 PM EDT
There's a Computer chair at Office Max or Depot thats 210, a Pro series 3000

Good buy?

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/996190/Realspace-PRO-3000-Series-Custom-Fit/
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
steelcase leap
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for something more like this style
Chair
I have 1 and love it, super comfy
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
steelcase leap
View Quote

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

If i had that kind of money, I wouldent even have an AR15.

My entire collection would be HK's, My CCW would be a Walther, and my Daily Driver would be a Porche. and be surfing HK pro instead of ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with this chinese knock off of an Aeron. I've had it 3 months and been very impressed. Comfortable for long periods of gaming work in mom's basement.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q5XTE8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went with this chinese knock off of an Aeron. I've had it 3 months and been very impressed. Comfortable for long periods of gaming work in mom's basement.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q5XTE8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

Ive never found the mesh to be comfortable. whats the advantage besides not getting hot?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Easier to clean spills, cooler, no sweat, gives more support then a padded chair imo. Also very durable because padding doesnt perminately compress, fabric can't tear or rip.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

My entire collection would be HK's, My CCW would be a Walther, and my Daily Driver would be a Porche. and be surfing HK pro instead of ARFCOM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

Typical advice here in GD. Millionaires with 12" cocks and 3 PhD's.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

Now I'm confused. I thought they hung out at HKPro. Just basement dwellers here....
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

I just failed to notice the $200 stipulation in the title, and I don't have a single phd.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just failed to notice the $200 stipulation in the title, and I don't have a single phd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

you post in threads without reading the title?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

I just read "best computer chair for long periods".

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Heard good things about the ikea Markus

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The thing I've noticed about computer chairs from office stores is they typically go on sale at a sizable discount (40%-50%). So a $200 chair can be found for $120 or even $100 many times on sale. As for chairs, I have this one at home and I like it (and I bought it on sale for closer to $100 IIRC):

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Osgood-Bonded-Leather-Managers-High-Back-Chair-Black/product_923523
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

That chair is actually intredasting....
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice looking chair. The only thing though, is I like to put one of my feet on the caster support. The slant on those looks like it would make it impossible to do.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Find one used for ~$200.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nice looking chair. The only thing though, is I like to put one of my feet on the caster support. The slant on those looks like it would make it impossible to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feet flat or slightly tilted against an incline.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Best chair if you can find one on Craigslist.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Just get a high back leather chair from Office Depot, Staples or Officemax.  Make sure they have soft, leather arm rests.  Hard arm rests are miserable to have if you'll be at your desk for a while.

Why those three stores?  So you can go sit in the chair.  If you haven't sat in it, then do not buy it.

I ended up with a couple of these.  They went on sale for 88 bucks a few years back.  They're more comfortable than a lot of 200+ chairs.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
People are always trying to get into the few mesh chairs we have at work. The best thing about mesh that I can see, in a multi use environment especially, they don't hold the farts in the cushion. We had some foam/cloth bottom office chairs that had been farted in for 2 years straight by the fat fucks that sit in them all day and night and every time you sat down in it, it would release old foamy stale fart odor from the cushion, no joke.

Mesh- The farts pass right through!
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Classic Goodform.  I sit in mine for hours at a time.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
IMO you are going about this the wrong way.  Ever thought about ditching the chair?

geekdesk.com

I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]

I have one.  I went through about 3 200$ chairs before I wised up and bought an 800$ chair. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Ergonomic kneeling chair, I've been using mine for over 15yrs (starting to fall apart, guess it's time to buy a new one). Was uncomfortable the first few days but once my back adjusted to sitting properly it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
steelcase leap

OP =  within $200

Suggested post @ $1,000

You may want to check out some used office furniture stores....we have some (apparently..wife knows that stuff) very expensive office stuff...file cabinets mostly..that were dirt cheap at a used office store.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ergonomic kneeling chair, I've been using mine for over 15yrs (starting to fall apart, guess it's time to buy a new one). Was uncomfortable the first few days but once my back adjusted to sitting properly it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Tomac
View Quote

I am a chiropractor and came in to post this.

Neither sitting in a chair, nor sitting for long periods of time are natural activities.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#29]
To echo the two posts that make the most economical sense--Find the used office furniture market in your area, and go from there. I picked up a mint-condition Herman Miller Aeron for a hundred bucks from a dealer who got a contract to refurbish an office. Said office was run by idiots who had no idea that the old boss had purchased an $800.00+ chair for himself, and let it go with the rest of the furniture that was headed to the dump. The dealer caught that, saved the chair, and then realized he had no storage room for it, so put it up on Craigslist.

You'd be surprised what you can find through that same sort of source. Give the office furniture dealers a call in your area, and not just the guys who specialize in used stuff.

Also, get a timer of some sort so you're reminded to get up at some interval and do something physical like push-ups or sit-ups. I put up a chin-up bar and TRX trainer anchor in my new office, and it makes a hell of a difference when you start doing PT in between  your intervals on the computer.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Would love to, no luck on craigslist thus far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top