Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:40:15 PM EDT
The best Christmas I got was 2 cassette tapes of my grandma playing the piano - they were recorded in 93 and 94.

One tape is her practicing - she goes off on a tangent every once in a while - haha! I heard a "Damn!" in there too.

She passed away in 1998.

She taught paino for years, and I guess the WWs got in the way of her professional career. She also was a gifted painter - I have a 'lake type' scene over my couch in the living room.

Songs: Falling Waters (my favorite), Stardust, Vienna, Star of The East, Dying Poet, Walz in E Flat, Moonlight and Lelody, Liebestraum (sp), Memories, Rock of Ages, etc.

I have her entire collection of sheet music.

Merry Christmas, Grandma. I'll never forget our last conversation.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:44:50 PM EDT
Get those saved to a CD or the hard drive of your computer! Cassettes wear out quicker and you will want those forever.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:47:18 PM EDT
Going to the BX tomorrow to check out the DVD recorders.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:31:28 AM EDT
I'm with you. My brother-in-law made a CD of some old reel-to-reel tapes of my Dad telling funny stories from his childhood. I remember him telling them to us when we were kids. He's been gone several years now but now I've got a permanent recording to share. Merry Christmas. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:41:49 AM EDT
sparky, that's great you have those CDs.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:30:36 AM EDT
Yeah, besides the memories, they're friggin hilarious; Poor kids in Burlington VT before/during WWII, borderline delinquents but good-hearted, all kinds of goofy adventures. My Aunt sez they're all true and then some. Stay safe
Top Top