Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 9:40:15 PM EDT
The best Christmas I got was 2 cassette tapes of my grandma playing the piano - they were recorded in 93 and 94.

One tape is her practicing - she goes off on a tangent every once in a while - haha!  I heard a "Damn!" in there too.  

She passed away in 1998.

She taught paino for years, and I guess the WWs got in the way of her professional career.  She also was a gifted painter - I have a 'lake type' scene over my couch in the living room.

Songs:  Falling Waters (my favorite), Stardust, Vienna, Star of The East, Dying Poet, Walz in E Flat, Moonlight and Lelody, Liebestraum (sp), Memories, Rock of Ages, etc.

I have her entire collection of sheet music.

Merry Christmas, Grandma.  I'll never forget our last conversation.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Get those saved to a CD or the hard drive of your computer! Cassettes wear out quicker and you will want those forever.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to the BX tomorrow to check out the DVD recorders.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with you.  My brother-in-law made a CD of some old reel-to-reel tapes of my Dad telling funny stories from his childhood. I remember him telling them to us when we were kids. He's been gone several years now but now I've got a permanent recording to share.  Merry Christmas.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
sparky, that's great you have those CDs.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, besides the memories, they're friggin hilarious; Poor kids in Burlington VT before/during WWII, borderline delinquents but good-hearted, all kinds of goofy adventures. My Aunt sez they're all true and then some.      Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top