I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

I was going to say Tears of the Sun, too.  What's your angle?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Clear and present danger when the rangers get L ambushed at the river valley and bridge
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Tears.

Not a movie, but one of the season finale's for the Unit had a great ambush response scene
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
This scene was pretty entertaining:

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IlT8dZb2Q

I fuckin love that scene!

Surprise! We brought friends!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

No
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish someday Hollywood would make a realistic movie about small unit jungle patrolling in Vietnam (not the line doggies in large infantry sweeps - I'm talking about U.S. Army LRRP or Marine Force Recon teams).

It won't happen, of course, because the market demographics are not there for it to be profitable as movie.  They would have to tack on some utterly asinine romantic subplot to try and attract some female viewers, and the whole thing would go to hell from there.

But still, I can wish.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wish someday Hollywood would make a realistic movie about small unit jungle patrolling in Vietnam (not the line doggies in large infantry sweeps - I'm talking about U.S. Army LRRP or Marine Force Recon teams).

It won't happen, of course, because the market demographics are not there for it to be profitable as movie.  They would have to tack on some utterly asinine romantic subplot to try and attract some female viewers, and the whole thing would go to hell from there.

But still, I can wish.

It could be done.  Black Hawk Down was very well done.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

True.

That gives me some hope for the genre.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

crowd fund it, It wouldn't be all too expensive unless you wanted b52's etc

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Did you see 84 Charlie Mopic? Low budget, 1st-person documentary style movie, but basically what you described.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fuckin love that scene!

Surprise! We brought friends!

This

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Did you see 84 Charlie Mopic? Low budget, 1st-person documentary style movie, but basically what you described.  

Yes, that was an excellent movie.

That's pretty close to what I'm talking about, but with a higher budget.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm kinda partial to the overreaction scene in Predator.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Red Dawn

Tears of the Sun
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Wasn't TEARS OF THE SUN the movie with the backwards mounted Aimpoint, or am I thinking of something else?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Way of the Gun kidnap scene

and I think Micheal Colllins was the movie with the ambush scene from the hills onto the convoy? I remember that being entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Tears of the Sun was number one until the minigun filled SWCC destruction in Act of Valor. No comparison.
Do you have a linky before I have to go to bed ?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Not to piss you off, but that's never gonna happen.  Too long ago and poor outcome.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tears of the Sun was number one until the minigun filled SWCC destruction in Act of Valor. No comparison.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Guess I missed it
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wasn't TEARS OF THE SUN the movie with the backwards mounted Aimpoint, or am I thinking of something else?

That's the one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

When that boat comes around the turn and opens up with the minigun....DAMN! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end of that hell!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When that boat comes around the turn and opens up with the minigun....DAMN! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end of that hell!

"OH FUCK!!! ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

No angle.  I did not either, but I find it odd when those in my shoes use military terminology
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

No angle.  I did not either, but I find it odd when those in my shoes use military terminology

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone posted it a few posts above mine.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#35]
What terminology should I use to discuss the topic?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Not to piss you off, but that's never gonna happen.  Too long ago and poor outcome.

If they accurately portrayed a recon mission, the film would bore the audience.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#37]
The Professionals:

- Maybe they're just passing.

- If so, they'll ride in single file. The leader in front, and they'll palaver. If it's trouble, they'll come as a group.  No one in front. If the leader takes his hat off and passes it across to cover his gun...let go, fast.

(bad quality clip):

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/473469/Professionals-The-Movie-Clip-Very-Bad-Hombres.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Do it in real time and half would die of natural causes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

How about a movie about going on night ambush....been on about 70 zillon of those, came closer to shooting myself than any talib
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Professionals:

- Maybe they're just passing.

- If so, they'll ride in single file. The leader in front, and they'll palaver. If it's trouble, they'll come as a group.  No one in front. If the leader takes his hat off and passes it across to cover his gun...let go, fast.

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/2/Open/Sony%20Pictures/The%20Professionals/_derived_jpg_q90_310x470_m0/profs_stl_1_h.jpg

(bad quality clip):

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/473469/Professionals-The-Movie-Clip-Very-Bad-Hombres.html

I fucking love this film.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Yeah, I saw that years ago.  VHS.  I wouldn't mind having that and The Final Option (renamed Who Dares Wins) on DVD.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Got it....thanx....

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone posted it a few posts above mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxm7uk7I07w

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#43]
We were soldiers when they get pinned in the river bed

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Depends.  I loved The Thin Red Line.  Talk about a slow war movie.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What terminology should I use to discuss the topic?

Best Fuck this noise run away / Attack these surprise attackers Scene in a movie?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Sometimes you gotta out Chuck Chuck
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends.  I loved The Thin Red Line.  Talk about a slow war movie.

Man I hated that movie!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

C'mon. Nothings as sexy as sneaking around taking notes and pictures.

Its like spy movies, no one would give a shit about real spies doing there work. It would be boring as hell.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

Tears of the Sun had a SEAL as an advisor.  Are you going to call him out?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

crowd fund it, It wouldn't be all too expensive unless you wanted b52's etc

Thats what I was going to say.  Just a bunch of guys walking around in the woods could be cheap to shoot
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top