Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:11:28 PM EDT
Looking for a new set of gloves. I'm issued a set of the thick leather gloves, but would like something more breathable, cut/stab proof, a little more thin, and possibly compatible with touchscreens. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:42:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Looking for a new set of gloves. I'm issued a set of the thick leather gloves, but would like something more breathable, cut/stab proof, a little more thin, and possibly compatible with touchscreens. Thanks.
View Quote
Corrections experience:
More breathable will be less cut/poke resistant, and thicker. It's all a trade-off.
Turtleskin makes some nice poke resistant gloves but you won't feel shit through them.
I like Hatch gloves for riot/impact protection.
I'm currently using a set of Magpul gloves for patdowns and general light duty use. They're pretty nice but probably won't hold up well. I had 5.11s before these that worked well enough but they didn't last long.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:07:39 AM EDT
I stopped using all thick gloves and just use batting gloves now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:00:50 AM EDT
This is what a lot of guys I work with use:
Gloves

Im ordering a set this week to replace mine. I tend to only use my leather gloves if I THINK they may have a needle etc. For homeless and others, I just use latex.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:24:48 AM EDT
I rarely use them but I had a set of thick Kevlar gloves that saved me from a uncapped syringe pointed up in a meth guys pocket. Glove stopped it thank goodness.

I’ve been out of the loop but it would be great if someone made a flight glove type glove with Kevlar. Something that you could still have some hand dexterity but also protection
Top Top