Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 12:42:47 PM EDT
Quote from owner's manual:

"Double action shooting: With the safety catch Off, pull the trigger back. Each subsequent shot
automatically cocks the hammer."

I think to be truthful, they should say "...subsequent pull of the trigger cocks the hammer"

Also I don't like the integral trigger lock.  One more key to keep track of.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
probably translated from the Argentines, you've got too much time on your hands......
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
that is correct, it is only double for the first shot.  unless it is a DAO setup
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that is correct, it is only double for the first shot.  unless it is a DAO setup

Nothing I could find indicates it is other than a DAO, though it does have a hammer.  Basically boils down to functioning just like a revolver.   When they speak of 'single action' it's not in the autococker sense.   To me,  1911 or DA+SA is the only way to go.  Bersa seems to be playing with words, here.  Their "SA" really is in the old Colt sense, not the autococking sense.

The manual was already translated.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The Bersa Thunder is a DA + SA.

The first shot from the safe position will be DA, the recoil of the slide will cock the hammer making follow up shots SA.

Their description sounds accurate to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
You can fire a Bersa in SA only.  You just have to cock the hammer yourself.  When you put the safety on, it decocks the gun.  Its a disturbing experience for the hammer to fall when you put the safety on though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top