Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 4:45:41 PM EDT
Looking at carrying a Berretta 92g concealed (yes, I know there are smaller guns).  Hoping at getting some feedback.  I'm 5'11", 168lbs and a 32" waist.  Looked at various holsters and have my eyes on a Milt Sparks Versa Max.  Am I waisting my time?  Clothing will be various from white shirt and tie to Jeans and flannel shirts.  Any experience would greatly be appritiative.  Thks
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 5'10" 205 34" waist, and I carry a 92G fairly often.  I use a Kramer vertical IWB holster on my right hip.  Conceals well even in shorts and an untucked, square-cut T-shirt.  My 1911 is thinner and therefore easier to carry IWB, but I do love that 92G!!!!  The Versa-Max would probably be a very good choice, too- I've had nothing but outstanding luck with Milt Sparks leather, and just ordered a Watch-six for my Kahr P9 and a Summer Special II for my Glock 35.

There are thinner guns, but as long as you are prepared to dress appropriately, the Beretta works great!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thks Sparky315.  Some people thought the gun would be to big, but they never carried it.  I think the holster can make or break the gun for carry, just hate to spend that much and wait that long!  Again, thks
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've tried a lot of leather gear, and Sparks makes some of the best.  Well worth the wait and expense, IMHO!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I carried my 92FS for a while.
Till I found that It was a little heavy for daily carry.

Get good leather and that 39 oz. will seem like,
well 30. [;)]

The 92 fits my hand better than my Glock.
But it only weighs only 24 oz.
And 17 rounds of 9mm weighs almost as much as
10 .45's.

Reliabillity has been 100% with both.
Till I blew up the Glock that is.

I highly reccomend Rem. Golden Saber ammo.
That 5" barrel will give you excellant accuracy
as well as reliable expansion out of any good ammo.

Be safe out there,
Del [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top