Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 8:19:28 PM EDT
Wouldn't doubt it, hehe...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to Story - Help

Berlusconi says Maoist communists boiled babies

Sun Mar 26, 10:47 AM ET

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, fighting for re-election against a centre-left coalition which includes the hard left, said on Sunday that communists had a history of boiling babies.

"I have been accused many times of saying communists eat babies," he told a rally of his Forza Italia (Go Italy!) party.

"Go and read the black book on communism and you'll find that under Mao's China they didn't eat babies but they boiled them to fertilise the fields.

"They say we look to the past too much, but they forget that in the opposition there are three parties who proudly call themselves communists."

Berlusconi has often been accused of being obsessed with the "communist threat" in Italy, a country where during the Cold War the communist party was bigger than anywhere else in western Europe.

In the run-up to winning the 2001 election, Berlusconi said: "I can organise a conference in which I will prove communists have really eaten babies and done even worse things."

With the collapse of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union, most of the Italian Communist Party transformed itself into the Democrats of the Left, now Italy's main opposition party.

But smaller breakaway communist parties still exist. The biggest, Communist Refoundation is likely to poll 6-7 percent of the vote at the April 9-10 election, opinion polls indicate. Another, Italian Communists, may get up to 3 percent.

Polls put the centre-left bloc, led by former European Commission President Romano Prodi, 4-5 percentage points ahead of Berlusconi's centre-right.
Copyright © 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions or Comments
Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060326/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_italy_berlusconi_communists;_ylt=AsnYxI2HTdcwJzsN.WusqUrtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Bahhhhh......

Total crock.

*I* boil babies !   But only on wedsneday nights.  

Prince spaghetti day, you know......  They make a really tasty red sauce  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually the Chinese would drown female infants with boiling water back in the day..  I read somewhere that it was happening in the rural provinces well into the twentieth century.  Or they would smother them in hot ashes..  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the bRoil them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top