Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 5:00:41 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Beretta AR70?  I would be very interested in what you have to say, both good and bad...

Do you have any idea how many were imported?

How hard are mags to get?  Cost?

Thanks,

Bryan
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a Beretta AR-70. The weapon will probably by worth $1,500.00 to $1,750.00 (at Dallas area gun shows). It's an excellent weapon and was always extremely accurate!

Two downsides - one, the handguard had a tendency to snap off the barrel and break (which is a bitch, since replacements are very hard to find)  - two, the mags were going for around $100.00 each, and that was five years ago!

I've heard that Beretta or some supplier had made a device that could be snapped onto M-16 mags that would permit their use in the AR-70, but I've never actually seen one! You can just imagine how expensive those puppies would be!

If you're gonna buy one, get as many mags with the deal as you possibly can - you will likely find no others.

Eric The(ITradedMineOutrightForAValmetHB76)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend had one in the early 80's.  He sold it to traded it on something else.  SOB, I still haven't forgiven him.  It was a great shooter as I recall.  It was new in the box, when he got it.  As Eric said even then I remember the mags were not cheap. If you get one you will probably be the only guy on you block to have one.  !!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one!  I have yet to shoot it though...

It's one unique design.  I'm just waiting until the local "Beretta" dealer has one of his bring your Beretta in for a checkup from a Beretta rep days.  This dealer must sell thousands of Beretta shotguns and handguns a year.  I'm gonna take it in for the pure shock value if that if it ever happens.  This is a huge retailer, and other brands have done this before.  (Like S&W pre sellout)

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=48086468&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Pic fixed!

I also have 1 30 round and 1 8 round factory magazine.  These are indeed hard to find and very expensive magazines.  

I have a couple of those mag conversions.  They are 10 or so bucks a piece so I hear (less the AR mag.  It is essentially a metal adapter that fits on the MAGAZINE that allows it to fit.  Not like the Galil adapter that fits the rifle.  It is NOT transerable from mag to mag easily.  You will have to work to remove it from an AR mag.  I can't tell you how well they work, but they definately adhere to the magazine well!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
DriftPunch,

Will you email me about the mag adaptors?  

Thanks,

Bryan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top