Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 5:52:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
When I first got my Beretta 92FS, I shot 8 rounds through it, and then bought a magazine loader :-)

Could NOT get those last 2 rounds in.  Still cant to this day, and have put about 1500 rounds through that magazine.  Never kept it loaded though...maybe thats the key to loosen it up.  It came with a hi cap, but I still havent even bothered trying to load it by hand, now that I have the loader for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Think the Beretta is bad?

Try the low-cap mags for a Sig 226 in .40s&w.  You have to either use a prybar or find a way to stand on the tenth round to get it in.

The Glock 30 10-rounders are a close second to being impossible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 92FS two weeks ago, and I had the same problem. I found that if I set the mag base down on a table or bench and then put the rounds in it was easier than trying to hold it in one hand and insert with the other.
      Its still a bitch though!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have heard that if you leave the mags loaded to capacity for a couple weeks it will be easier to load afterwards.

Or there is a thing called the "glock stomp" where you get in as many rounds as possible, then "stomp" the mag, base first, on the palm of your hand. It supposedly settles the rounds in the mag and makes it less difficult to get the rest in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top