Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:48:26 AM EDT
In the morning when I get-up I am "treated" to the Benny Hinn show on local Fox affiliate. I watch the show and am just fascinated with these thousands of dupes... errrr... I mean "believers" in the audience of his "crusades". They are usually poor ethnic types (probably because many of these crusades are in third-world countries). And they raise their hands and are "lost in the spirit" while on TV. I think that most of them actually do believe in the divinity of the occasion. So I fault them not. They are looking for something and they think they've found it. But how sad is that? Why would anyone believe in the divinity or holiness of a man who jets around in a Gulfstream bizjet, and treats his children to lavish shopping trips while on these crusades, all with monies donated to his ministry by believers? I can tell you that no man in my religion jets around in a business jet that's paid for by church monies. Nor do I think that it's done in most other respectable churches. If the Pope gets around in a church-owned or chartered jet, that's one thing (cause he probably needs almost as much security as the POTUS), but I'm pretty sure that he and his cardinals are not running down to Macy's and spending $5K on trinkets for fun either. I just don't get why anyone would take this nut seriously.

BTW... I thought the guy was a nut all-along, but I just googled his name and found plenty of junk on him. Seems that he likes to make predictions that never come true.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:58:50 AM EDT
I know several people that send money to him. Talk about lack of critical thinking skills.

That whole raise the hand thing is really weird. I've been in quite a few churches helping a friend install and fine-tune sound systems, but I saw something last week I had never seen before in person. I saw several people doing that Heil Hitler thing. They closed their eyes, stood-up straight, and put their right up straight out at about a 45 degree from horizontal. The guy I was with is black, and he said that he's seen a lot more white churches doing that lately. He was very uncomfortable. I was more uncomfortable with what looked like a drug-induced haze.z
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:09:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:
I know several people that send money to him. Talk about lack of critical thinking skills.

That whole raise the hand thing is really weird. I've been in quite a few churches helping a friend install and fine-tune sound systems, but I saw something last week I had never seen before in person. I saw several people doing that Heil Hitler thing. They closed their eyes, stood-up straight, and put their right up straight out at about a 45 degree from horizontal. The guy I was with is black, and he said that he's seen a lot more white churches doing that lately. He was very uncomfortable. I was more uncomfortable with what looked like a drug-induced haze.z

Yeah, I dunno bout that stuff either. It seems that the evangelicals like to raise both arms in the air, but I've seen none of them doing it with one arm only, nor have I seen any that looked like the "hail hitler" sign. That really would be weird. I'm not a fan of "putting on a show" by raising arms, speaking in tongues, or other things that would lead one to believe that you were being carried away in the spirit. Not that I think anything is wrong with actually being carried away by the spirit, but I think that very few of the people putting on the show are actually experiencing some sort of rapture. The Apostle Paul admonished a group of believers for just such "flashy" behaviour. (Can't remember if it was the Corinthians, Galatians, or whomever though.) At any rate, I don't hold the arms-in-the-air thing against evangelicals though. As long as they believe and are not doing harmful things, then I chose to live and let live. There's too much persecution that goes on in religion and I've personally been the victim of it over the years. But people like Benny Hinn make me sick. It's one thing to be a mistaken believer -- God knows our hearts and that's what really counts. But con-men who are responsible for leading believers astray and know exactly what they are doing are satan's tools...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 9:30:28 AM EDT by BlammO]
I believe Benny Hinn is a false prophet of enormous magnitude.

Transcript: Raising the dead through TV (I don't know anything about this site, but the transcript is very illuminating.)

I agree with Hank Hanegraaff's well-reasoned assessment of some of Benny Hinn's teachings.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:23:30 AM EDT
Any preacher that tryies to claim he is the source of any spiritual power is a flase prophet.

I don't know anything about this guy to make a judgement on him.

Nor do I care to learn about him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:01:34 PM EDT
Heretic of the highest magnitude. He wont escape.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:16:18 AM EDT
What a tool. You gotta love his snake skin boots and bling bling he's always sportin.
Top Top